Author Topic: Inside the changing world of drone warfare  (Read 174 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Inside the changing world of drone warfare
« on: April 17, 2024, 04:47:37 pm »
Inside the changing world of drone warfare
What worked in the past won’t work in the future

BY JOSHUA SKOVLUND | PUBLISHED APR 16, 2024 4:35 PM EDT

The threat of small drones and how they are implemented has changed the way the military trains for war. Some drones are used as a reconnaissance platform for detecting troop movements, while others are rigged with hardware to drop grenades and mortars on enemy fighters.

Either way, small commercial drones will be a permanent fixture in modern warfare.

“Talk to any soldier in Ukraine,” said Brig. Gen. Guillaume Beaurpere, commander of the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School (SWCS). “You don’t go anywhere without a drone flying either in support of you or against you.”

First-person view (FPV) drone footage and other videos have poured onto social media feeds since Russia invaded Ukraine in early 2022. The videos have put the horrors of war on center stage as Russians and Ukrainians have been stalked and killed by off-the-shelf, modified small drones.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/modern-drone-warfare/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Inside the changing world of drone warfare
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 04:48:37 pm »
Is that the reason crossbows are no longer used, the technology changed? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson