Author Topic: Down 2,500 Recruits, Coast Guard Overhauls Talent Management  (Read 111 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Down 2,500 Recruits, Coast Guard Overhauls Talent Management
« on: April 17, 2024, 04:41:35 pm »
Down 2,500 Recruits, Coast Guard Overhauls Talent Management
HEATHER MONGILIO
APRIL 16, 2024 5:02 PM

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — A comprehensive talent realignment initiative that sought to address personnel shortages in the Coast Guard saved about 1,500 billets, a top personnel officer said.

The Coast Guard was short 2,500 billets, Rear Adm. Russell Dash, commander of the personnel service center, told the audience last week at Sea Air Space 2024.

A lack of personnel, stemming from recruiting challenges, is one of the more immediate crises facing the sea service. Dash also leads the incident management team created to focus on recruiting.

The Coast Guard is focusing on three lines of effort for recruiting, which include trying to raise awareness and interest in serving and making the process easier.

https://news.usni.org/2024/04/16/down-2500-recruits-coast-guard-overhauls-talent-management
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Down 2,500 Recruits, Coast Guard Overhauls Talent Management
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 04:42:40 pm »
 Are they going to throw their eggs in the trannie basket? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson