Author Topic: The Kill Switch... John Stossel  (Read 372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Kill Switch... John Stossel
« on: April 17, 2024, 02:37:32 pm »
The Kill Switch
John Stossel

Soon the government might shut down your car.

President Joe Biden's new infrastructure gives bureaucrats that power.

You probably didn't hear about that because when media covered it, few mentioned the requirement that by 2026, every American car must "monitor" the driver, determine if he is impaired and, if so, "limit vehicle operation."

Rep. Thomas Massie objected, complaining that the law makes government "judge, jury and executioner on such a fundamental right!"

Congress approved the law anyway.

A USA Today "fact check" told readers, don't worry, "There's no kill switch in Biden's bill."

"They didn't read it, because it's there!" says automotive engineer and former vintage race car driver Lauren Fix in my new video. The clause is buried under Section 24220 of the law.

USA Today's "fact" check didn't lie, exactly. It acknowledged that the law requires "new cars to have technology that identifies if a driver is impaired and prevents operation." Apparently, they just didn't like the term "kill switch."

But it is a kill switch.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2024/04/17/the-kill-switch-n2637891
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Kill Switch... John Stossel
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 03:16:59 pm »
 ////00000////

Will the system presume Boston drivers are perpetually impaired because they drop 'g' and 'r' at the end of words, and insert 'r' where there aren't any?

"Mah, I'm headin' home fuh suppuh in Jamaicker Plain."

(Mother, I am going home to eat dinner in Jamaica Plain.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:18:18 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Kill Switch... John Stossel
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 04:09:58 am »
Why I love my herd of 20th century vehicles.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis