Author Topic: Poll: Biden Suffers Dismal Approval Ratings on Key Issues  (Read 188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Biden Suffers Dismal Approval Ratings on Key Issues
« on: April 16, 2024, 07:06:53 pm »
Poll: Biden Suffers Dismal Approval Ratings on Key Issues

Hannah Knudsen
16 Apr 2024

President Joe Biden is suffering dismal approval ratings on a range of key issues, the latest survey from the Economist/YouGov found.

Overall, 59 percent of those surveyed disapprove of how Biden is handling his job as president, compared to 37 percent who approve. In other words, Biden’s approval rating is 22 points underwater, even greater than the 19 percent difference he saw last week. It is even worse among independents, specifically, as 70 percent disapprove of how he is handing his job as president, compared to 21 percent who approve, putting him 49 points underwater with this group.

This trend continues as respondents give Biden, 81, dismal approval ratings on key issues across the board. On jobs and the economy, for instance, 52 percent disapprove, compared to 39 percent who approve. Once again, most independents, 59 percent, disapprove of his job performance on the issue of jobs and the economy.

He is even further underwater on the issue of immigration, as 60 percent of respondents across the board disapprove of his handling of that issue. Just 29 percent approve, leaving a difference of 31 percentage points. Again, independents are even more unsatisfied, as 67 percent disapprove of his handling of immigration.

The trend continues:

Education
Approve: 39 percent
Disapprove: 47 percent

Healthcare
Approve: 40 percent
Disapprove: 46 percent

Civil Rights
Approve: 38 percent
Disapprove: 46 percent

Civil Liberties
Approve: 36 percent
Disapprove: 48 percent

Crime
Approve: 34 percent
Disapprove: 52 percent

Inflation/Prices
Approve: 31 percent
Disapprove: 61 percent

The survey was taken April 6-9, among 1,795 U.S. adult citizens. It comes as Trump continues on the campaign trail, speaking about these top issues in key swing states. This month, for example, Trump spoke to a crowd in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and blasted Biden’s border “bloodbath.”

“I stand before you today to declare Joe Biden’s border a bloodbath, and that’s what it is,” Trump said. “It’s a bloodbath.”

“They tried to use that term incorrectly on me two weeks ago,” Trump continued. “That’s all they do is cheat on elections…but it’s a border bloodbath, and it’s destroying our country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/16/poll-biden-suffers-dismal-approval-ratings-key-issues/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Poll: Biden Suffers Dismal Approval Ratings on Key Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 10:23:02 pm »
You might look at a news piece like the one above and wonder how -- with "issue approval ratings like that" -- ol' white joe can be tied or even leading Mr. Trump in the polls.

But these days, it's really ideology that "drives the votes", not economics or even specific issues.
(EXCEPTION: the abortion issue, which from now on will be a winner for the DCommunists.)

One is either "of the left", or "of the right".
Few are "in the middle" any more.

Those who proclaim themselves to be "independent" simply aren't -- rather, they're just unable or afraid to make a commitment. They are "waving wheat" voters who bend in the blowing political winds.

Those "who are blue", are going to continue to vote blue.
Those of the red who will vote for Mr. Trump have almost all made up their minds already.

I knew for whom I'd be voting in 2024 the day after Election Day in 2020...

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Poll: Biden Suffers Dismal Approval Ratings on Key Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 10:52:39 pm »
Biden sucks.

////00000////

If the GOP nominee was a ham sandwich or a squirrel, he'd get my vote.  Alas, Tangerine Mussolini will lead the GOP to another losing election cycle.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.