Author Topic: Garland defends Biden's mental fitness after special counsel Hur criticized his memory  (Read 197 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Garland defends Biden's mental fitness after special counsel Hur criticized his memory

"I have watched him expertly guide meetings," the attorney general said.
ByAlexander Mallin
April 16, 2024, 11:04 AM

Attorney General Merrick Garland told lawmakers on Tuesday he has "complete confidence" in President Joe Biden's mental fitness for office, despite findings by special counsel Robert Hur whose report issued in February included embarrassing and disputed characterizations about the president's memory and age.

"If you're asking me about my own observations as a member of the National Security Council and a member of the president's Cabinet, I have complete confidence in the president," Garland said during a House Appropriations hearing.

"I have watched him expertly guide meetings of staff and Cabinet members on issues of foreign affairs and military strategy and policy in the incredibly complex world in which we now face and in which he has been decisive -- decisive in instructions to the staff and the subject in making the decisions necessary to protect the country," Garland added.

The attorney general had faced criticism from some Democrats for not pushing back before against Hur's descriptions of Biden's memory in a report that scrutinized the president's handling of classified records while he was out of office.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/garland-defends-bidens-fitness-after-special-counsel-hur/story?id=109311004&cid=social_twitter_abcnp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"I have watched him expertly guide meetings of staff and Cabinet members on issues of foreign affairs and military strategy and policy"

When? 15 years ago? When has Biden ever done anything 'expertly'. The guy has always been a babbling buffoon.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

From the article…..

I have watched him expertly guide meetings of staff and Cabinet members on issues of foreign affairs and military strategy and policy in the incredibly complex world in which we now face and in which he has been decisive -- decisive in instructions to the staff and the subject in making the decisions necessary to protect the country," Garland added.

Who is he trying to convince? Us or himself? I can’t believe he is so dumb that he believes what he just said here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy