Author Topic: Transgender Veterans Sue to Force VA to Cover Gender-Affirmation Surgeries  (Read 112 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Transgender Veterans Sue to Force VA to Cover Gender-Affirmation Surgeries

Military.com | By Rebecca Kheel
Published April 15, 2024 at 1:41pm ET

A group of transgender veterans is renewing its legal fight with the Department of Veterans Affairs over the VA's lack of coverage for gender-affirmation surgeries.

The Transgender American Veterans Association, or TAVA, filed a lawsuit Monday in federal court seeking to compel the VA to cover the surgeries, its second lawsuit this year related to the issue.

"Every day of transgender veterans being denied this care increases the distress of gender dysphoria that is plaguing our community, and lifesaving, doctor-prescribed, transition-related health care is incredibly vital to the life satisfaction of veterans in our community," Josie Caballero, acting president of TAVA, told Military.com in a phone interview Monday.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/04/15/transgender-veterans-sue-force-va-cover-gender-affirmation-surgeries.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson