Author Topic: Special Forces engineers are training to dig ditches and destroy tanks  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special Forces engineers are training to dig ditches and destroy tanks
The traditional approach to tank ditches isn’t going to work in today’s wars

BY JOSHUA SKOVLUND | PUBLISHED APR 15, 2024 8:06 PM EDT

The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School (SWCS) has trained Special Forces soldiers to conduct unconventional warfare for decades. During the War on Terror, fighting a counter-insurgency became the priority during training, while digging tank ditches and other Cold War-era tactics collected dust. 

But the war in Ukraine has shown the world that World War II and Cold War-era tactics are not dead. The commanding general of SWCS, Brig. Gen. Guillaume Beaurpere, said they’ve been watching, taking notes, and implementing new training while bringing back the old.

“For example, the engineer sergeant is now being taught how to dig and form counter-mobility tank ditches. Then, after they build them, how to defeat and breach them,” Beaurpere said. “So that kind of thing is absolutely critical, and we realize that in large-scale conflict, that’s a skill that an [Special Forces engineer sergeant] is going to need.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/special-forces-engineers-tank-ditches/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
So they forgot how to do it since World War I?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus