Author Topic: Military UGV market set to double in next decade  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military UGV market set to double in next decade
« on: April 16, 2024, 04:58:22 pm »
Military UGV market set to double in next decade
The growth of the military UGV market in the coming years can be partly attributed to improved autonomy and the widespread impact that uncrewed systems have had in war in Ukraine and the Nagorno-Karabakh.

Richard Thomas
April 15, 2024

The Milrem THeMIS, a Dutch and German ground-based system combining an unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) participates in the 2024 Army Expeditionary Warrior Experiment at McKenna Range, Fort Moore in January 2024. Credit: US Army

The global military uncrewed ground vehicle (UGV) market is projected to glow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.9% over the next decade, from $668m at present to nearly $1.2bn by 2034, according to GlobalData’s latest analysis of the sector.

Combined from 2024-2034, the global UGV market will cumulatively value $9.7bn over the forecast period and will be dominated by the combat UGV segment, which accounts for 33.7% of the market, followed by the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) UGV segment with a 26.7% share.

Among geographic segments, North America is projected to dominate the sector with a share of 41.6%, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe with shares of 32.1% and 22.1%, respectively, GlobalData states.

https://www.army-technology.com/news/military-ugv-market-set-to-double-in-next-decade/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 04:59:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military UGV market set to double in next decade
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 05:01:02 pm »
To me, this has all the potential of self-driving cars; cool in theory but trouble waiting to happen. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson