Author Topic: McConnell Pushes for a Mayorkas Impeachment Trial.. Katie Pavlich  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell Pushes for a Mayorkas Impeachment Trial
Katie Pavlich

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is calling on Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to respect precedent by holding an impeachment trial for Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

“This afternoon, the Senate will be called – for just the nineteenth time in our history – to rule on the impeachment of a senior official of our government. It’s a responsibility to be taken seriously. As I said the last time the Senate convened as a court of impeachment, it’s a power Congress must not exercise frivolously," McConnell said in a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday morning. “Today, the Senate will hear House managers charge Secretary Mayorkas with serious dereliction of duty – with a systematic refusal to enforce our nation’s immigration laws, and with lying to Congress about the extent of the border crisis that unfolded on the Biden Administration’s watch. The facts of this crisis are well known."

"Never before has the Senate agreed to a motion to table articles of impeachment. Not for an officer of either party. Not once. Instead, every single time that we’ve been called upon to render judgment, we’ve done so. We’ve convened a trial, or – in accordance with Rule Eleven of the Impeachment Rules agreed to in 1935 – we’ve appointed a trial committee to dig into the facts and make a recommendation," he continued. “It would be beneath the Senate’s dignity to shrug off our clear responsibility and fail to give the charges we’ll hear today the thorough consideration they deserve."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2024/04/16/mcconnell-calls-for-a-mayorkas-impeachment-trial-n2637860
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: McConnell Pushes for a Mayorkas Impeachment Trial.. Katie Pavlich
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 04:48:23 pm »
Mitch, "precedent" means squat after overturning Roe v. Wade.  Good luck with that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 11:00:48 pm »
Mitch, "precedent" means squat after overturning Roe v. Wade.  Good luck with that.

So you must be in agreement with stupid Arlen Specter that R v W was a "Super Dooper Precedent."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 11:23:48 pm »
Precedent is no substitute for law.

Precedent is precedent until it's not.  Precedents are like sidewalk cigarette butts - you can just step right over them.

So you must be in agreement with stupid Arlen Specter that R v W was a "Super Dooper Precedent."
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.