Author Topic: The bombing area at Abbey Gate in Kabul, Afghanistan.  (Read 124 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The bombing area at Abbey Gate in Kabul, Afghanistan.
« on: April 16, 2024, 04:32:09 pm »
Pentagon's Second Review of Abbey Gate Attack Finds Troops Didn't See Bomber Before the 

The bombing area at Abbey Gate in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin
Published April 15, 2024 at 4:46pm ET

An additional Pentagon review into the events surrounding the deadly bombing at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan has determined that service members who spoke out publicly about what they felt was their ability to prevent the attack were mistaken.

The bombing, which occurred in late August 2021, targeted the large crowds of Afghans who were trying to leave the country in the last days of the American military presence and ahead of the Taliban's takeover. The attack killed 13 U.S. service members, including 11 Marines and a soldier and sailor, wounded dozens more, and killed at least 170 Afghans.

"Over the past two years, some service members have claimed that they had the bomber in their sights, and they could have prevented the attack," one of the officials who briefed reporters on Friday said. "We now know that is not correct."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/04/15/pentagons-second-review-of-abbey-gate-attack-finds-troops-didnt-see-bomber-explosion.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The bombing area at Abbey Gate in Kabul, Afghanistan.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 04:34:31 pm »
This has all the stench of the DOD doing a CYA move to minimize their failed leadership. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson