Author Topic: Gov. Jared Polis signs bill eliminating most occupancy limits in housing — here’s what is still allo  (Read 165 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gov-jared-polis-signs-bill-eliminating-most-occupancy-limits-in-housing-here-s-what-is-still-allowed/ar-BB1lFNr1

Gov. Jared Polis signs bill eliminating most occupancy limits in housing — here’s what is still allowed
4/16/2024
Seth Klamann

DENVER — Gov. Jared Polis signed a bill into law Monday that officially eliminates most restrictions on how many unrelated roommates can live together in Colorado.

House Bill 1007 prohibits local governments from enacting occupancy limits, which Polis and other critics of the policy have derided as discriminatory and outdated. Roughly two dozen Colorado cities have such restrictions on the books, though lawmakers said that only a few — including the college town of Fort Collins — actively enforce them.

“This issue is both a housing issue and a civil rights issue,” Polis said during a bill-signing ceremony outside the Capitol. “It really is both. For housing, the opportunity for people to officially be on the lease — it gives them protections, allows them to start establishing their credit, gives them the certainty that they get to live here.”

More at URL above...

Poster's comment:
Sounds like something right out of "Dr. Zhivago" ...

Online DefiantMassRINO

Yeah, now my neighbor can turn his home into a romming house for illegal migrants.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.