Author Topic: Biden under fire for shutting down US oil production, urged to impose sanctions on Venezuela  (Read 221 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden under fire for shutting down US oil production, urged to impose sanctions on Venezuela
'Joe Biden needs to wake the hell up and stop appeasing dictators and the eco-colonialists – fast,' says Sen Dan Sullivan
By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published April 16, 2024 11:18am EDT

FIRST ON FOX: A group of top Senate Republican leaders is urging President Biden to block oil sanctions relief for the Venezuelan government, an authoritarian regime which continues to oppress its opponents.

The seven lawmakers, led by Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, sent a letter to the president Friday, calling on him to cancel the so-called General License 44, which is set to come up for renewal later this week. They argued that Venezuela's government has failed to meet key requirements related to ensuring fair elections that it agreed to when the Biden administration issued the six-month license last year.

"History has proven time and time again that appeasing dictators does not work. We strongly urge you to reinstate and fully enforce all U.S. sanctions on the [Nicolás] Maduro regime," they wrote. "We must not cede American leverage by lifting U.S. sanctions while the Maduro government deliberately disregards its obligations."

"If the U.S. fails to take a credible stance on ensuring free and fair elections are held in Venezuela, the prospects of a democratic Venezuela will continue to diminish, which will further embolden authoritarian aggressors such as the People’s Republic of China, Iran, and Russia," the lawmakers continued.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-under-fire-shutting-us-oil-production-impose-sanctions-venezuela
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

It's okay to Joe Biden for the US to buy oil from Venezuela, Iran, and Saudi Arabia; but, not from Red States.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online banddag

Biden is not shutting down production.  The US has produced a record amount of oil and gas in 2023-largest in our countries history and 2024 is already beating 2024.

Online banddag

Biden may tell his greenie base he is shutting down fossil fuels but he is giving a wink to the oil and gas companies at the same time.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-resume-oil-gas-drilling-public-land-despite-biden-campaign-pledge-2022-04-15/