Author Topic: There’s Nothing Safe about Michigan’s Drive Safe Act for Illegal Aliens  (Read 89 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There’s Nothing Safe about Michigan’s Drive Safe Act for Illegal Aliens
April 11, 2024

the foundation of Michigan’s economy has been the automotive assembly line which has employed millions over the years and given rise to Detroit’s “Motor City” moniker. Making large quantities of goods quickly and putting people behind the wheel is what the state does best. Perhaps then, it’s not surprising that some Michigan lawmakers are envisioning another item for mass production. Only this time, it won’t be cars on conveyer belts conforming to strict safety standards, rather large-scale manufacturing of driver’s licenses for illegal aliens.

The proposed legislation would allow all Michigan residents to obtain state identification cards or driver’s licenses regardless of their immigration status, joining 19 states and Washington, D. C., that already do so. The bill, euphemistically labeled The Drive SAFE Act (Safety, Access, Freedom, and the Economy), alludes to such soaring attributes, one might presume Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness were excluded from the title only because the acronym would be nonsensically extended.

Rep. Rachel Hood, D-Grand Rapids, a primary sponsor of the legislation, deceptively claims 700,000 Michigan “immigrants” will benefit, conflating legal immigrants and illegal aliens, thereby inflating the numbers to enhance the urgency of passage. FAIR’s research reveals roughly 200,000 illegal aliens reside in Michigan.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=91.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson