General Category > Politics/Government

First Republican publicly backs Greene effort to oust Speaker Johnson

(1/3) > >>

corbe:
First Republican publicly backs Greene effort to oust Speaker Johnson

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL - 04/16/24 9:52 AM ET

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) announced Tuesday he will co-sponsor a resolution to oust Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) from the House’s top job.

Massie told his colleagues during a closed-door conference meeting that he will co-sponsor the motion to vacate resolution filed late last month by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), according to three GOP lawmakers in the room, becoming the first lawmaker to publicly join Greene’s effort.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4596862-massie-backs-greene-effort-to-oust-speaker-johnson/

Free Vulcan:
And we are probably going to end up with Speaker Jeffries in an election year.

kevindavis007:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on April 16, 2024, 02:39:17 pm ---And we are probably going to end up with Speaker Jeffries in an election year.

--- End quote ---

Yep... I hope the GOP can win the Senate, cause I don't see the GOP winning the White House and I doubt the public will support the GOP taking control of the House after this fiasco.

DefiantMassRINO:
 ////00000////

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ...

... this GOP majority is putting the 1986 Red Sox to shame.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: DefiantMassRINO on April 16, 2024, 03:09:15 pm --- ////00000////

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ...

... this GOP majority is putting the 1986 Red Sox to shame.

--- End quote ---

Or the 69 Cubs.  You could smell the stink from 1060 W. Addison St. all the way to Squints house in Scranton.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version