Author Topic: Republicans to test new abortion messaging as Arizona turns up heat on GOP  (Read 180 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans to test new abortion messaging as Arizona turns up heat on GOP
By
Jack Birle
April 16, 2024 8:38 am

Abortion will likely be on the ballot in Arizona in November, and Republicans are considering leaning into using language that suggests protecting the procedure as a way to flip the script on Democrats.

The GOP in the Grand Canyon State is reportedly considering an alternative ballot measure among its options, according to an internal presentation obtained by NBC News. The presentation offers two phases for Republicans to move forward after the state Supreme Court upheld an 1864 abortion law that effectively outlaws the practice, with an exception if the mother faces immediate life-threatening conditions.

The first phase proposes a ballot measure that would be “complimentary” of the Arizona for Abortion Access measure and would protect the legislature’s ability to “enact laws rationally related to promoting and preserving life and to protecting the health and safety of pregnant women.” The measure would give voters a choice, according to the presentation, and could be called the “Arizona Abortion Protection Act” or “Protecting Pregnant Women and Safe Abortions Act,” among other proposals.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2967243/republicans-to-test-new-abortion-messaging-as-arizona-turns-up-heat-on-gop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"New abortion messaging"?

What's that...?

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, no women or doctors being burned at the stake for abortion-craft?

The cat is out of the bag ... no way to get Big Government out of the womb and away from the groin now.

What's next for Nanny Government?  Mandatory vaccinations without exception?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:49:53 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.