Author Topic: Indiana National Guard member reportedly shot at migrant stabbing others  (Read 172 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Indiana Capital Chronicle By: Niki Kelly - April 15, 2024

An Indiana National Guard member was involved in a shooting at the southern border Sunday but details are scant while an investigation continues.

According to a NewsNation report, the soldier saw an individual stabbing a fellow migrant along the river’s edge in El Paso, which is on U.S. soil. The soldier shot at the individual, who ran back into Mexico. It is unclear what they were shot with or whether they were struck.

Indiana National Guard officials deferred specific questions to Texas military officials.

“The Indiana National Guard is aware of the incident that happened Sunday, April 14. We support and care for our soldiers and airmen supporting Operation Lone Star,” the Guard said in a statement.

More: https://indianacapitalchronicle.com/briefs/indiana-national-guard-member-reportedly-shot-at-migrant-stabbing-others/

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
National Guard member shoots migrant seen stabbing another, document shows
by: Fernie Ortiz

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 / 12:39 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 16, 2024 / 01:52 AM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — A National Guard soldier reportedly shot a migrant who was seen stabbing another migrant on the U.S.-Mexico border, according to an internal Border Patrol bulletin obtained by NewsNation.

The incident happened on U.S. soil along the edge of the Rio Grande on Sunday afternoon in El Paso’s Lower Valley.

In a statement to Border Report, a Texas Military Department spokesman confirmed that a National Guard servicemember assigned to Operation Lone Star discharged a weapon in a “border-related incident” on Sunday, adding that it is under investigation and that more information will be made available as the investigation progresses.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/national-guard-member-shoots-migrant-seen-stabbing-another-document-shows/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Topics merged