Author Topic: Exit Stage Right: Investors Are Bailing on Green Funds  (Read 93 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exit Stage Right: Investors Are Bailing on Green Funds
« on: April 16, 2024, 11:21:10 am »
Exit Stage Right: Investors Are Bailing on Green Funds
10 hours ago 

Daily Caller News Foundation
Nick Pope
Contributor

Investors are fading on green energy investment funds due to worries about the sector’s ability to grow and the possible return of former President Donald Trump to the White House, Reuters reported Wednesday, citing analysis conducted by a firm called LSEG Lipper.

Funds that invest specifically in green energy companies and products around the world saw investment outflows totaling $4.8 billion during the first quarter of 2024, the largest amount in a single quarter on record, according to Reuters. Meanwhile, the S&P Global Clean Energy Index has tanked by about 10 percentage points this year while the S&P 500 Energy Index — a fund that features many oil and gas companies — is up by more than 16% this year so far.

“This is what Consumers’ Research has been warning about from the very beginning. The idea that the rush into [Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)] and green investing would be good for investors and shareholders was always a lie,” Will Hild, the executive director of Consumers’ Research, told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “Now, with higher interest rates and a completely different energy paradigm, the folly of these boondoggles is becoming apparent.” (RELATED: Citigroup Reports Huge Share Of Its Clients Are Not Ready To Reach Key Climate Targets)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/15/exit-stage-right-investors-are-bailing-on-green-funds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson