Author Topic: Observation of the Earth shows that deforestation and urbanization cause three times more warming th  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Observation of the Earth shows that deforestation and urbanization cause three times more warming than CO2
2 hours ago Guest Blogger 4 Comments

By Robert Girouard

Forget approximate climate models, whose simulations are increasingly removed from reality. There’s a far more scientific way of understanding the climate, and that involves observing the actual climate system directly from space or in situ. A multitude of satellites and a worldwide network of land, air and sea sensors make millions of observations every day, creating detailed, faithful images of the Earth. In particular, satellites transmit huge volumes of data on the upper atmosphere and the Earth’s surface, enabling us to measure the system’s energy balance and attribute infrared emissions to particular atmospheric components. This high-quality space and in-situ data is freely available to all thanks to Copernicus, but the problem is that we don’t use it…

Forget proxies and old data that are constantly being “adjusted”. We have proven, measured information that allows us to go back in time to 1960.  It’s a happy coincidence that January 1, 1960 is the reference 0 for the temperature series commonly used. The IPCC has arbitrarily ruled that climate change began with industrialization, i.e. around 1850 or 1880, since it assumes that GHG emissions are the cause. But data from the world’s oceans, which drive climate, show that their temperature began to diverge from its natural cycle around 1980. So let’s focus on the last sixty years, using the real-world observations available to objectively identify the true culprits of anthropogenic warming.

This heterodox but oh-so-interesting point of view is supported by space engineer Michel Vieillefosse, a pioneer in satellite auscultation of the Earth. At CNES, he produced the first maps of thermal variations measured from space. His recent book ” Réchauffement climatique”  is a mine of information on the climate, how it works and its recent evolution. Based on real data and calculations, rather than model projections, he concludes that there’s no point in demonizing fossil fuels, and that the real causes of global warming – deforestation of tropical forests, urban heat islands and methane leakage – should be tackled first. Let’s see how he arrives at this astonishing conclusion.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/16/observation-of-the-earth-shows-that-deforestation-and-urbanization-cause-three-times-more-warming-than-co2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson