Author Topic: Biden Hits the Brakes on EV Transition  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Hits the Brakes on EV Transition
« on: April 16, 2024, 11:04:55 am »
Biden Hits the Brakes on EV Transition
© Provided by State Of The Union

The Biden administration is considering scaling back requirements for electric vehicle production in the U.S. due to challenges in supply chains, consumer demand, and infrastructure.

The adjustment comes amidst concerns about the feasibility of the initial ambitious goals and the need to balance environmental objectives with economic realities, particularly in an election year where Biden seeks union support.

“Give the market and supply chains a chance to catch up, maintain a customer’s ability to choose, let more public charging come online, let the industrial credits and Inflation Reduction Act do their thing and impact the industrial shift,” Alliance for Automotive Innovation CEO John Bozzella said.
The proposed changes aim to allow for a more gradual transition while ensuring reductions in emissions and economic benefits.

The shift is seen as a pragmatic move to address practical constraints and political considerations, especially in key battleground states like Michigan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/biden-hits-the-brakes-on-ev-transition/ar-BB1lCdLi?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=961f1fa757114ce4b7d1f1055bf0e95d&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden Hits the Brakes on EV Transition
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 11:06:57 am »

The shift is seen as a pragmatic move to address practical constraints and political considerations, especially in key battleground states like Michigan.

This last comment says everything anyone needs to know about EVs.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson