Author Topic: Climate Action Bottom of the List of Priorities in Yet Another Survey  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Action Bottom of the List of Priorities in Yet Another Survey
9 hours ago Eric Worrall 16 Comments

Essay by Eric Worrall

When will politicians take the hint?

Most Australians don’t want speedy transition toward clean energy

Staff Writer | April 12, 2024 | 6:06 am Energy Australia Oil & Gas

Most Australians support the country’s transition towards a clean energy power grid but don’t want aggressive change.

A recent survey conducted by CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, and the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water, found that most people in the country support a move towards an energy system that relies more on renewables but 47% prefer a moderate-paced and 13% a slow-paced transition scenario. Faster and more extensive change was the choice for 40% of respondents.

In terms of priorities, 82% of surveyed Australians listed energy affordability among their top three concerns, whether or not they were struggling to pay bills.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/14/climate-bottom-of-the-list-of-priorities-in-yet-another-survey/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Climate Action Bottom of the List of Priorities in Yet Another Survey
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 11:21:51 am »
White House Considers Invoking "Unprecedented" Climate Emergency

The "emergency" is the democrats losing control of running roughshod on the American people.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson