Author Topic: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC  (Read 15445 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2024, 05:32:14 pm »
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

This conflicted, Trump Hating Judge won’t let me respond to people that are on TV lying and spewing hate all day long. He is running rough shod over my lawyers and legal team. The New York System of “Justice” is being decimated by critics from all over the World. I want to speak, or at least be able to respond. Election Interference! RIGGED, UNCONSTITUTIONAL TRIAL! Take off the Gag Order!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2024, 06:14:19 pm »
Exclusive — Trump Lawyer: Prosecution Seeks to ‘Stack the Deck Against’ Trump in Jury Selection

The prosecution in former President Donald Trump’s criminal trial is attempting to “stack the deck” against Trump in the selection, Jesse Binnall said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2024/04/16/exclusive-trump-lawyer-prosecution-seeks-stack-deck-against-trump-jury-selection/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2024, 06:18:58 pm »
It's just a matter of time before they fine him again or sentence him to jail time -- then he'll appeal.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:20:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2024, 06:23:01 pm »
a minute ago
Juror to Trump lawyer: 'He's targeted some females'
By Kyle Schnitzer

Earlier today, Trump's attorney, Todd Blanche, was questioning the prospective jurors when one member of the jury pool said that Trump "targeted some females."

"I'm a female, he's targeted some females, so I would say some of my friends have strong opinions on him," the female juror said.

She then said: "I know there have been opinions that he doesn’t treat females correctly.”

However, the juror added that she could remain impartial and didn't know the facts of the case.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:25:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2024, 06:28:34 pm »
an hour ago
Potential juror says if Trump doesn't testify, it doesn't mean he's guilty
By Priscilla DeGregory

One potential juror said that no one should hold it against Donald Trump if he chooses not to testify at trial.

“If he decides not to speak," the impassioned woman said, waving her hands, "that’s your right, you can’t presume that makes him guilty."

“It’s really, the prosecutor’s the one that has to present those facts and prove them, but as I said, he has the right not to say them," the older, white-haired woman said.

“I don’t think I could have said it better myself," Trump's lawyer Todd Blanche responded during questioning of 18 potential jurors.

Trump has said he plans to testify in his own defense. But the judge will eventually instruct the jurors that they cannot hold it against Trump if he chooses not to take the witness stand.

'He speaks his mind' and other things some prospective jurors think of Trump
By Priscilla DeGregory and Ben Kochman

Two potential jurors said they admired that Donald Trump speaks his mind and that you never have to guess where he stands.

"I mean, he speaks his mind, come on, what can you say about that? If I told you all the time what I thought about people — I want to say some things to people, but my mama said be nice," one woman told Trump's lawyer Todd Blanche during questioning of a pool of prospective jurors.

Another woman said that while she tries to avoid politics, she appreciates that "President Trump speaks his mind and I’d rather that than someone who's in office who you don’t know what they’re thinking."

Another woman, a 50-year Big Apple resident, said she couldn't deny that Trump left his mark on the city's real estate landscape.

Still, she said, "There is very little we probably agree on policy-wise."

"Sometimes I get frustrated with it like anybody does," the woman admitted. "I have family members that support him. We manage to have decent conversations about that."

Trump lawyer probes potential jurors' feelings about former prez, political leanings
By Priscilla DeGregory

Donald Trump's lawyer Todd Blanche attempted to probe potential jurors on their political leanings and feelings about the former president in a series of questions to a group of 18.

One man said he doesn't follow politics because his "wife does not like the news" and added he has "stronger opinions about local stuff."

Blanche asked a Mexican-born American man whether his experience becoming a US citizen would color his work if seated as a juror.

"Feelings are not facts," the man hedged. "I'm very grateful to be an American and that happened on the first year that he was president."

Blanche and another man went back and forth as the lawyer tried to glean his political leanings while the man tried to dodge.

“I’ll say I’m a Democrat, so there you go, but I walk in there and he’s a defendant and that’s all he is," said the man.

One man said he's been following Trump news and added, "I was a big fan of 'The Apprentice' when I was in middle school," to laughs from the courtroom.

As for Trump's time in the White House, "Some things I agreed with, some things I disagreed with," he said.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2024, 06:35:00 pm »
Bragg threatens 30 days of jail time in Trump contempt of court motion
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg called on Judge Juan Merchan to threaten former President Trump with 30 days in jail as part of his contempt of court motion on Tuesday.

Bragg is urging Manhattan Judge Merchan to warn Trump that "future violations" of the gag order against him can be punished "not only with additional fines, but also with a term of incarceration of up to thirty days."

Merchan last month imposed a gag order on Trump, due to his "prior extrajudicial statements." Merchan said they established "a sufficient risk to the administration of justice."

Merchan ordered that Trump cannot make or direct others to make public statements about witnesses concerning their potential participation or about counsel in the case — other than Bragg — or about court staff, DA staff or family members of staff.

Merchan also ordered that Trump cannot make or direct others to make public statements about any prospective juror or chosen juror.

During the first day of the criminal trial and start of jury selection, Manhattan prosecutors suggested Trump had violated the order on three separate occasions on social media. Prosecutors said Trump should be fined $3,000 for the three alleged violations of the gag order — $1,000 for each violation.

This is an excerpt from an article by Fox News' Brooke Singman
Posted by Anders Hagstrom
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2024, 07:01:25 pm »
11 minutes ago
Judge accuses Trump of trying to intimidate juror called to clarify 'anti-Trump' posts
By kschnitzernyp

Donald Trump was accused by Justice Juan Merchan of intimidating a juror who was called in to clarify his attorney's claims of alleged "anti-Trump" Facebook posts.

The judge told Trump's attorney Todd Blanche that Trump was uttering something to the juror who was "12 feet away from your client."

"Your client was audibly uttering something," the judge said, "I don't know what he was uttering..."

He then offered a stiff warning: "I won’t tolerate that. I won’t have any jurors intimidated in this courtroom. I will be crystal clear."

The flareup came after Blanche challenged Juror No. 1 for cause because he claimed that the woman had made two Facebook posts on the day of the 2020 presidential election, when "President Trump lost the election."

The juror had previously said they did not have any biases against Trump, Blanche said.

Another Trump attorney, Susan Necheles, said the post was of a "clearly anti-Trump event."

“This is clearly an anti-Trump event that she’s out celebrating and partying at," Necheles said.
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2024, 07:07:35 pm »
11 minutes ago
Judge accuses Trump of trying to intimidate juror called to clarify 'anti-Trump' posts
By kschnitzernyp

Donald Trump was accused by Justice Juan Merchan of intimidating a juror who was called in to clarify his attorney's claims of alleged "anti-Trump" Facebook posts.

The judge told Trump's attorney Todd Blanche that Trump was uttering something to the juror who was "12 feet away from your client."

"Your client was audibly uttering something," the judge said, "I don't know what he was uttering..."

He then offered a stiff warning: "I won’t tolerate that. I won’t have any jurors intimidated in this courtroom. I will be crystal clear."

The flareup came after Blanche challenged Juror No. 1 for cause because he claimed that the woman had made two Facebook posts on the day of the 2020 presidential election, when "President Trump lost the election."

The juror had previously said they did not have any biases against Trump, Blanche said.

Another Trump attorney, Susan Necheles, said the post was of a "clearly anti-Trump event."

“This is clearly an anti-Trump event that she’s out celebrating and partying at," Necheles said.
I understand that Trump's personality is to fight back and right wrongs, but he's facing jail time if he is found in contempt. At that point IMHO they'll lock him up and they'll keep him locked up as long as they can.  He'd be best to keep his composure and remain silent.

I believe part of him thinks his base would start rioting and prove that they're making a mistake throwing charges at him -- I think his base would remain silent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2024, 07:08:34 pm »
2 minutes ago
Trump's side wins a bid to have a potential juror dismissed for 'anti-Trump' post
By Priscilla DeGregory and Kyle Schnitzer

Judge Juan Merchan approved Trump lawyer Todd Blanche's request to have a potential juror tossed out of the jury pool over allegedly anti-Trump posts.

The juror posted in 2017 on Facebook: "Good news!! Trump lost his court battle on his unlawful travel ban!!!”

Merchan said if the post had ended there he might not have granted Blanche's bid but it went on to say: "Get him out, lock him up."

"This is a person who has expressed the desire…that Mr. Trump be locked up," Merchan said, noting that Trump faces potential time behind bars if convicted at trial.
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2024, 07:14:01 pm »
2 minutes ago
Trump's side wins a bid to have a potential juror dismissed for 'anti-Trump' post
By Priscilla DeGregory and Kyle Schnitzer

Judge Juan Merchan approved Trump lawyer Todd Blanche's request to have a potential juror tossed out of the jury pool over allegedly anti-Trump posts.

The juror posted in 2017 on Facebook: "Good news!! Trump lost his court battle on his unlawful travel ban!!!”

Merchan said if the post had ended there he might not have granted Blanche's bid but it went on to say: "Get him out, lock him up."

"This is a person who has expressed the desire…that Mr. Trump be locked up," Merchan said, noting that Trump faces potential time behind bars if convicted at trial.

Well...one thing for sure.

No current Briefer will ever be selected for the jury.  /S
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2024, 07:23:38 pm »
Well...one thing for sure.

No current Briefer will ever be selected for the jury.  /S

They have lots of homeless people to choose from that are isolated from current events...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2024, 07:48:21 pm »
9 minutes ago
Six jurors selected so far to serve on Trump hush money trial
By Kyle Schnitzer

Six jurors have been selected to serve on the jury of the Trump hush money trial.

The first batch of potential jurors started at 96 people on Monday, but after several challenges by both parties, only six were picked for the six-week trial.

Justice Juan Merchan just called to bring in all jurors, and the six that have been selected.
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2024, 08:44:30 pm »
9 minutes ago
Six jurors selected so far to serve on Trump hush money trial

Catturd
@catturd2

Let me guess ….

Joe Biden
Hunter
Nancy Pelosi
Cher
Stephen King
Rob Reiner

4:19 PM · Apr 16, 2024

Offline berdie

« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2024, 09:09:01 pm »
a minute ago
Juror to Trump lawyer: 'He's targeted some females'
By Kyle Schnitzer

Earlier today, Trump's attorney, Todd Blanche, was questioning the prospective jurors when one member of the jury pool said that Trump "targeted some females."

"I'm a female, he's targeted some females, so I would say some of my friends have strong opinions on him," the female juror said.

She then said: "I know there have been opinions that he doesn’t treat females correctly.”

However, the juror added that she could remain impartial and didn't know the facts of the case.

Sure she can. /s I am so glad that I can't be part of that jury. It will turn into a bigger circus than OJ.

Best wishes and prayers for you Pres. Trump. I fear the outcome.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2024, 09:09:43 pm »
6 to. 8 weeks off the campaign trail and another 6 weeks waiting for the appeal trial? Biden campaigning every minute of it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2024, 09:29:47 pm »
an hour ago
Here's what we know so far about the 6 jurors selected for Trump's hush money trial
By Kyle Schnitzer

Here are some small nuggets on the six jurors that have been selected for Donald Trump's hush money trial.

The foreperson -- or leader of the jury -- is married, lives in West Harlem, works in sales and is originally from Ireland.

Another juror is a young black woman who has friends with opinions about Trump, but said she’s not a political person. She said that she respected that Trump "always speaks his mind."

An Oregon native who works as a corporate lawyer at Gunderson Dettmer. He said they enjoy hiking and running. He has lived in Chelsea for five years.

A female software engineer who lives in Chelsea.

A 40-year-old, Lower East Side resident who said he found Trump "fascinating and mysterious."
    "He walks into a room and he sets people off one way or another," the juror said, who works as an IT consultant. "I find that really interesting. Really, this one guy can do all of this. Wow, that’s what I think."

A female oncology nurse at Memorial Sloan Kettering who lives on the Upper East Side.

Twelve people, along with a few alternates, will eventually be selected to serve on the jury.

Jury selection has resumed with a fresh panel of jurors to fill in the remaining seats.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2024, 09:33:29 pm »
Report: Judge Allows Juror Who ‘Celebrated Trump’s Loss in 2020’ to Stay in Pool

The judge reportedly allowed a juror who celebrated Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss on social media to stay in the jury pool.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/16/report-judge-allows-juror-who-celebrated-trumps-loss-2020-stay-pool/
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2024, 09:39:58 pm »
6 to. 8 weeks off the campaign trail and another 6 weeks waiting for the appeal trial? Biden campaigning every minute of it.

Heads-up, Joe----- He's on his way to campaign in Harlem......  :smokin:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2024, 09:49:21 pm »
Trying to get a mental image of Trump in Prison. Body Ripped from the weight lifting, neck tattoo, do rag on his head, naaaa just not seeing it. But it's entirely possible and very probable the way things are set up.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2024, 09:52:01 pm »
In other news-----

Online corbe

« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2024, 11:42:51 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2024, 05:14:33 am »
Watters: "Meet the first 7 Trump Jurors" (Video)

https://twitter.com/JesseBWatters/status/1780394222148878594

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2024, 11:21:18 am »
Blanche asked a Mexican-born American man whether his experience becoming a US citizen would color his work if seated as a juror.

"Feelings are not facts," the man hedged. "I'm very grateful to be an American and that happened on the first year that he was president."

.  .  .

One man said he's been following Trump news and added, "I was a big fan of 'The Apprentice' when I was in middle school," to laughs from the courtroom.

As for Trump's time in the White House, "Some things I agreed with, some things I disagreed with," he said.

I would want both of these persons on the jury if I'm Trump's lawyer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2024, 01:14:39 pm »
DAY 3

Wednesday reprieve: Why Trump will get a midweek break from his hush money trial

Former President Donald Trump will not be in court in Manhattan on Wednesday or subsequent Wednesdays for his hush money trial.

The trial will not have proceedings scheduled on Wednesdays to allow Judge Juan Merchan to deal with other court proceedings he has outside of the hush money trial. The procedure to mark one day of the week to take off from proceedings in a trial is common practice.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/2968973/wednesday-reprieve-why-trump-will-get-midweek-break-hush-money-trial/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:16:55 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2024, 01:52:14 pm »
Jesse Watters, Guest Can’t Stop Laughing At Breakdown Of Bragg Trial Jurors

https://rumble.com/embed/v4nbfdx/?pub=4
Support the USO