General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC

<< < (172/239) > >>

mystery-ak:
a minute ago
Michael Cohen takes stand to testify against his ex-boss

Michael Cohen entered the room through a side door and walked, as all witnesses have, behind the defense table where Trump is sitting.

He did not make eye contact with Trump as he took the stand to testify against his former boss.

mystery-ak:
a minute ago
Cohen points Trump out in courtroom
By Ben Kochman and Kyle Schnitzer

When asked to identify Trump in the courtroom, Cohen craned his head to the left, and then stood up for a split second, before pointing his former boss out at this seat at the defense table.

"He's wearing a blue and white tie," Cohen said.

mystery-ak:
a minute ago
Cohen made $525K a year while working for Trump: testimony

Michael Cohen is testifying about when he first started working for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization — and said he made $525,000 a year working under the title "Executive Vice President and Special Council to Donald J. Trump."

Cohen said that there was a bit of a bump in the road when he first started negotiating with Trump over his salary.

He said it was a "little bit of back and forth" while negotiating, admitting Trump offered him an amount that was "probably not going to work."

Cohen then countered with his number and the two met in the middle, Cohen testified.

He said that his base salary was $375,000 at the time when he first started working for Trump in his 30s, and bonuses were "to be discussed" — which eventually added up to $525,000.

mystery-ak:

mystery-ak:
2 minutes ago
Trump had Cohen work on 'personal matters' like when a yellow cab hit his limo: testimony
By Kyle Schnitzer

Michael Cohen said that Donald Trump had him work on personal matters while working under him — including a time when Trump's limo was hit by a yellow taxi cab.

"Knowing I had deep roots in the yellow cab industry, he asked me to reach out to the driver who provided me the police report," Cohen said.

He admitted that he had the yellow cab company "pay the repair on the vechcile."

--- Quote ---4 minutes ago
Cohen admits threatening reporters with lawsuits on behalf of Trump
By Ben Kochman

Prosecutor Susan Hoffinger is walking jurors through Michael Cohen's history of doing tasks at the personal direction of Donald Trump.

One of Cohen's jobs was to call up reporters and threaten to sue them if they did not change or remove articles that Trump did not like.

"With the press, as an example, if they said something that angered him, I would reach out to the press and I would express to them they would either have to redact or take down the article down or we would file an action against them," Cohen said.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version