Author Topic: LIVE THREAD....Day 21: Closing Arguments And Verdict  (Read 20245 times)

DB, Texas Yellow Rose (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIVE THREAD....Day 21: Closing Arguments And Verdict
« Reply #925 on: June 01, 2024, 02:04:11 pm »
Hanging by a thread? You think there is still life in this country, a life that only this goddamned (literally) pervert we have hijacking the Republican Party can save? Are you clueless or just a liar?

This country is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late country! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in torment! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-country! (to borrow from John Cleese)

I'm not a liar @jmyrlefuller! I just cannot bring myself to give up on the country I once fought and bleed for.

The rest of that I will not attempt to argue. I'm not blind either. For more years than you have been alive I've seen what was coming and prayed hard for God to send a mighty warrior to pull the fat out of the fire. HE sent Donald John Trump and I trust that HE knows what HE is doing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 02:13:51 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #926 on: June 01, 2024, 02:08:06 pm »
I think we are all despaired with the state of this country.  I know the binary case is getting old, but give thought to which of the two will do more damage. 

Trump may damage our status, but Biden is an obvious path to destruction.  Think about the past 3 1/2 years, and ponder how it will look in another 4 1/2.

Trump's a bad choice, but I see him as  political speed bump, rather than taking the car over the cliff with Pedo Joe.

I get your argument. And it is a compelling one I will admit. There’s no amount of torture that would even get me to consider voting for Biden

The problem is it’s pretty much guaranteed that after Trump, a potential two term democrat would more likely follow. Pray that it won’t be an Elizabeth Warren clone or we will “fondly”  reminisce about the “good times”  under Biden

I look at the very major mistakes that he made in his first term that he still won’t acknowledge and I look at what he’s proposing and his leftward shift and say no thanks

Acknowledge his mistakes in his first term and seek penance and give up his economic populism, and I will reconsider. IOWs, sound more like Javier and less like Bernie

Anyways, I have majorly  hijacked this thread and  out of courtesy for the management, I’ll move on unless something interesting comes up

My penance for hijacking will be a donation to keep this forum running
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 02:42:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #928 on: June 01, 2024, 02:34:54 pm »
"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime."

Lavrentiy Beria, Secret Police Chief to Josef Stalin

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #930 on: June 01, 2024, 03:37:37 pm »
I think we are all despaired with the state of this country.  I know the binary case is getting old, but give thought to which of the two will do more damage. 

Trump may damage our status, but Biden is an obvious path to destruction.  Think about the past 3 1/2 years, and ponder how it will look in another 4 1/2.

Trump's a bad choice, but I see him as  political speed bump, rather than taking the car over the cliff with Pedo Joe.
I remember full well my three years of unemployment under Trump... my continued lack of a wife or children. Trump and Biden both are complicit in ruining our society. If you think Trump is slightly better just because he stole an R to put next to his name, you're fooling yourself.

Redacted
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 05:23:42 pm by Cyber Liberty »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #933 on: June 01, 2024, 10:32:41 pm »
Eight Republican Senators respond to lawfare against Trump, pledge to no longer cooperate with any Democrat legislative priorities or nominations

Harris Rigby  ·  Jun 1, 2024

Guys, Republicans might be starting to learn something.

A cohort of US Senators, led by Utah's Mike Lee, have signed a pledge to no longer cooperate in any way with the Democrats in the Senate. No more Democrat bills. No more Biden nominees. Nothing.

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/status/1796600766691672394

We've got the Mike Lee 8 here.

Mike Lee (R-Utah), JD Vance (R-Ohio), Tommy Tuberville (R-Alabama), Eric Schmitt (R- Missouri), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tennessee), Rick Scott (R-Florida), Roger Marshall (R- Kansas), and Marco Rubio (R- Florida) have all put their names to this letter decrying the White House's "mockery of the rule of law" which has "fundamentally altered our politics in un-American ways."  .  .  .

https://notthebee.com/article/mike-lee-seven-other-republican-senators-respond-to-lawfare-against-trump-pledge-to-no-longer-cooperate-with-any-democrat-legislative-priorities-or-nominations

About damn time.  Why did it take you this long?  Democrats are not your friends.  They want you dead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #934 on: June 01, 2024, 10:36:57 pm »
Eight is a good start!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #935 on: June 01, 2024, 10:54:33 pm »
Eight Republican Senators respond to lawfare against Trump, pledge to no longer cooperate with any Democrat legislative priorities or nominations

Harris Rigby  ·  Jun 1, 2024

Guys, Republicans might be starting to learn something.

A cohort of US Senators, led by Utah's Mike Lee, have signed a pledge to no longer cooperate in any way with the Democrats in the Senate. No more Democrat bills. No more Biden nominees. Nothing.

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/status/1796600766691672394

We've got the Mike Lee 8 here.

Mike Lee (R-Utah), JD Vance (R-Ohio), Tommy Tuberville (R-Alabama), Eric Schmitt (R- Missouri), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tennessee), Rick Scott (R-Florida), Roger Marshall (R- Kansas), and Marco Rubio (R- Florida) have all put their names to this letter decrying the White House's "mockery of the rule of law" which has "fundamentally altered our politics in un-American ways."  .  .  .

https://notthebee.com/article/mike-lee-seven-other-republican-senators-respond-to-lawfare-against-trump-pledge-to-no-longer-cooperate-with-any-democrat-legislative-priorities-or-nominations

About damn time.  Why did it take you this long?  Democrats are not your friends.  They want you dead.

So they won’t help Democrats pass bills or with any of their legislative priorities because of this trial. What the hell were they doing before this? No wonder why conservatives no longer  have a party to call home
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #936 on: June 01, 2024, 11:23:23 pm »
I remember full well my three years of unemployment under Trump... my continued lack of a wife or children. Trump and Biden both are complicit in ruining our society. If you think Trump is slightly better just because he stole an R to put next to his name, you're fooling yourself.

Redacted
No I don't think he's any better because he has an 'R' next to his name.  I am comparing my life under Trump v. Biden.  Trump wins that hands down.

As for voting for either one of them ... well, I've been reading that we need to work with who we have .... but IMHO there's still some uncertainty surrounding Trump being the nominee. 
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #938 on: Today at 01:12:52 am »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #939 on: Today at 01:19:05 am »
Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
NEW: Alvin Bragg's former colleague and current CNN legal analyst is calling out the rigged Trump case, even accusing Judge Juan Merchan of violating the law.

Elie Honig says the trial "blew his mind" as he called it an "unjustified mess."

"The judge donated money - a tiny amount of $35, but in plain violation of a rule prohibiting New York judges from making political donations of any kind to a pro-Biden, anti-Trump political operation," he wrote in the NY Magazine.

"The charges against Trump are obscure and nearly entirely unprecedented. In fact, no state prosecutor... has ever charged federal election laws as a direct or predicate state crime, against anyone, for anything."

"None. Ever. Even putting aside the specifics of election law, the Manhattan DA itself almost never brings any case in which falsification of business records is the only charge."

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1796908958453760177

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #940 on: Today at 01:26:39 am »
Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
NEW: Alvin Bragg's former colleague and current CNN legal analyst is calling out the rigged Trump case, even accusing Judge Juan Merchan of violating the law.

Elie Honig says the trial "blew his mind" as he called it an "unjustified mess."

"The judge donated money - a tiny amount of $35, but in plain violation of a rule prohibiting New York judges from making political donations of any kind to a pro-Biden, anti-Trump political operation," he wrote in the NY Magazine.

"The charges against Trump are obscure and nearly entirely unprecedented. In fact, no state prosecutor... has ever charged federal election laws as a direct or predicate state crime, against anyone, for anything."

"None. Ever. Even putting aside the specifics of election law, the Manhattan DA itself almost never brings any case in which falsification of business records is the only charge."

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1796908958453760177

Merely asking: Is Elie Honig attempting to distance himself from future retribution in a future purge of the Deep State?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #941 on: Today at 02:39:56 am »

Begs the question about why they were "cooperating" in the first place.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus