Author Topic: Climate Alarmists’ Bad Science: Advocates conduct shoddy research in an effort to show that warming  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Alarmists’ Bad Science: Advocates conduct shoddy research in an effort to show that warming will reduce economic growth
By Marc Morano
April 5, 2024
7:20 am
https://www.wsj.com/articles/climate-alarmists-bad-science-warming-temperature-05846239

By David Barker

I debunked research by the Federal Reserve and top academic economists on the economics of climate change. An author of a paper I debunked then said that three professors from Stanford and Berkeley had done a much better analysis of temperature and growth in an article they published in Nature. I took up the challenge and scrutinized their article. My critique appears in the latest issue of Econ Journal Watch.

The Nature article is in the top 0.1% of academic economics publications by citations, and it has received glowing press coverage. I downloaded their data and found that, as with the other articles I debunked, the results don’t hold up under scrutiny.

The authors claim that there is an optimal average temperature of 55.5 degrees Fahrenheit for economic growth. Countries colder or warmer than that grow more slowly. The authors then use one of the most extreme Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change estimates of warming up to the year 2100 and calculate for each country how much more or less growth that warming would cause. They then calculate the difference in world gross domestic product with warming and without.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/04/05/climate-alarmists-bad-science-advocates-conduct-shoddy-research-in-an-effort-to-show-that-warming-will-reduce-economic-growth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson