General Category > Crime And Punishment

Dealership Has 1.2 MILLION Stolen in "Gone in 60 Seconds" Like Boost! Including Demon 170~RacerX (Vi

(1/2) > >>

corbe:
Dealership Has 1.2 MILLION Stolen in "Gone in 60 Seconds" Like Boost! Including Demon 170 ~ RacerX

942 views  Apr 13, 2024

North Country Dodge in Arab, Alabama is the latest dealership to get hit by a very organized ring of car thieves.  They stole 8 cars worth 1.2 million dollars to include a Demon 170, a Jeep Wagoneer, and a Ford Bronco Raptor.  This looks like a scene right out of the movie "Gone is 60 Seconds".   The FBI and local police are still looking for the suspects.  If you have any information please contact Arab police at (256)586-8124.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIvFe5pzdYA

Hoodat:
That's half way between me and @Sighlass .

We'll both BOLO.

Hoodat:
Story out of Huntsville:

Over $1 million in inventory taken from Arab car dealership, police still looking for vehicles

Logan Sparkman, Kayla Smith  |  Apr 9, 2024 / 04:11 PM CDT  |  Updated Apr 12, 2024 / 08:50 PM CDT

.  .  .  Not only did the group drive eight vehicles off the lot, but they also stole more than 300 keys. Technicians and locksmiths are still working to replace and re-program the keys belonging to all these vehicles.

The break-in happened just after midnight on Sunday, according to Arab police. The thieves threw a rock through a window in the dealership’s service bay. Once inside, police say they turned off and wiped several hours worth of surveillance video.

Anthony told News 19 they then plugged a computer into the dealership’s key safe, unlocked it, and took all the keys.

When police were notified the next morning of the break-in, they found several trucks and cars missing.  .  .

The 2023 Dodge Challenger Demon mentioned earlier had been driven out of the lobby through a bay door. Anthony said once they were done inside, the thieves locked the doors back and the burglary wasn’t discovered until the next morning by a cleaning crew.  .  .

https://whnt.com/news/northeast-alabama/over-1-million-in-inventory-taken-from-arab-car-dealership-police-still-looking-for-vehicles/

This was an inside job.  Someone had knowledge of the computer system, surveillance tapes, and knew how to lock back up.

roamer_1:
Hacking a key safe is pretty easy. Hacking a car... now, that might be fun.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on April 13, 2024, 07:59:47 pm ---Anthony told News 19 they then plugged a computer into the dealership’s key safe, unlocked it, and took all the keys.

--- End quote ---

That's not how that works... unless the laptop was for interface. Most electronic locks either have a reset or a master in bios. so all you really do is reboot/reset it, use the manufacturer's master, and in you go.

I ain't done a ton of em, but enough to know the trend... And I might add - I mean electric locks in general. I've busted a few, but never specifically a key safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version