General Category > Economy/Business

The rich are getting second passports, citing risk of instability

(1/3) > >>

jmyrlefuller:
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/10/rich-americans-get-second-passports-citing-risk-of-instability.html

by Robert Frank
April 10, 2024

Wealthy U.S. families are increasingly applying for second citizenships and national residences as a way to hedge their financial risk, according to a leading law firm.

The wealthy are building these “passport portfolios” — collections of second, and even third or fourth, citizenships — in case they need to flee their home country. Henley & Partners, a law firm that specializes in high-net-worth citizenships, said Americans now outnumber every other nationality when it comes to securing alternative residences or added citizenships.

Recent high-profile examples of second citizenships include billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel, who added a citizenship in New Zealand, and former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, who applied for citizenship in Cyprus.

(excerpt)

libertybele:
 :bkmk:

mountaineer:
That's what I need, a second citizenship. I wonder if Liechtenstein or Nauru is accepting applications.  :pondering:

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on April 13, 2024, 01:48:15 pm ---That's what I need, a second citizenship. I wonder if Liechtenstein or Nauru is accepting applications.  :pondering:

--- End quote ---
I can pull off the second citizenship no problem, it's that pesky rich issue that I have a problem with **nononono*

Sighlass:
Guess I am left with taking a rich person's home when they leave. I'll invite yall over, bring your guns and spare ammo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version