Author Topic: Black Bostonians demand more than $15billion in reparations from the city as local white churches di  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black Bostonians demand more than $15billion in reparations from the city as local white churches discuss offering $50million

The Boston People's Reparations Commission met on Saturday
    Reverend Kevin Peterson said 'every life is incalculable' so $15M is 'not enough' 

By Isabelle Stanley For Dailymail.Com

Published: 16:57 EDT, 20 May 2024 | Updated: 17:04 EDT, 20 May 2024

The Boston People's Reparations Commission has demanded the city invest $15 billion in slavery reparations for the Black Bostonian community.

Over 200 members of the community gathered at a Commission meeting at the Bolling Building in Nubian Square on Saturday.

They discussed what reparations mean to them and reiterated their demand for $15billion to be invested 'monetarily and through public policy that will be in effect for Black Bostonians for generations'.

Head of the Commission Reverend Kevin Peterson told WCVB even though the group is asking for $15billion, it is 'not enough' as 'every life is incalculable.'

As well as the $15 billion requested from the City, the Commission is in talks with Boston's white churches about a possible $50 million payout.

If $15 billion were to be granted and split up between the some 150,000 people living in Boston, this would mean each person would receive close to $99,998 - however it is not clear how the proposed reparation figure would be split up. 

According to the Commission, the enslavement of Africans in Boston began in 1638 and started a 'legacy of social, political, economic and cultural injustice'.

'At one point during the city history 1 in 10 Boston residents were enslaved people who were linked to the trans-Atlantic slave trade,' according to their website.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13439977/Black-Bostonians-demand-15billion-reparations-city-local-white-churches-discuss-offering-50million.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

That white churches are even considering giving these people a single dime should be enough of a reason for those people to leave the church.

Where would  these churches get the money to  pay that?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That white churches are even considering giving these people a single dime should be enough of a reason for those people to leave the church.

Where would  these churches get the money to  pay that?
Enslaving their White members?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Boston was the home of the anti-slavery movement in America, and slavery itself was abolished in Massachusetts over 240 years ago. Enough already with the “reparations” nonsense.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll pay $1M to every slave I've owned. 

Fair enough?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

How many former slaves currently reside in Boston - and how many were enslaved by any of the local "white" churches?

I'll wait.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

How many former slaves currently reside in Boston - and how many were enslaved by any of the local "white" churches?

I'll wait.

Maybe its the building color...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, the Barbary Pirates are seeking tribute, right there in Boston.

Why would anyone who has never been enslaved seek reparations?

We know the answer. It's number two on the list of the Seven Deadly Sins.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis