Author Topic: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 9481 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2024, 11:36:20 pm »
So I take it, based on your post, that you hold Biden blameless?  Or is this just a carve out for Donald Trump?

My question is rhetorical

NO! I don't hold Biden blameless! I hold him personally accountable for virtually everything he's done in office including reversing all of Trump's EOs as soon as he walked in. Joe Biden is a crook and has never been anything other!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2024, 11:45:40 pm »
Jesus H. Christ, Himself, won't be able to get this economy back on track without the American People suffering excruciatingly high interest rates on borrowing money.

And if TBR NeverTrumpers insist on blaming him for the huge deficits incurred because of the Covid Stimulus handouts ($2800) to every registered citizen, they'll have orgasms blaming him for occupying the Oval Office during the next four years.

During Ronald Reagan's presidency, I sold real estate in Washington, D.C. when fixed 30 year rates were so high, they enacted usury laws. A fixed 15% 30 year rate was a 'bargain'...if you could find it.

And all you guyz can dance around the minefield all you want with your phony 'concern' for him being railroaded in the courts at the moment.  You're all liars who can't hide your glee while typing posts claiming the opposite.

You all make me sick to my stomach.

You probably are unaware, but Donald Trump said that he would pressure the federal reserve to lower interest rates if reelected. That means that he would pressure the federal  reserve to punish savers in an inflationary economy. He’s suggesting that because he wants more government spending

You probably are unaware, but Donald Trump once said That the US can never default because we can print money to pay our  debts

You probably are unaware, but Donald Trump has proposed more and higher tariffs despite the trade war and the economic damage they did his first round. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the adding more cost to  goods and services on top of already high inflation will do damage to the economy

You probably are unaware of this, but during Covid, when  Senate Republicans try to reign in some of that Covid stimulus spending, he sided with the Democrats

You probably are unaware of this, but  while President, he tried to pressure the federal reserve to bring interest rates down to zero. Fortunately, they saved him from his own stupidity

You probably are unaware, but Trump recently made a ludicrous claim that we could pay for Social Security with oil drilling. You wouldn’t come close to paying for it with that

And this is just his economic policy. It wasn’t TBR NT’s. These are actual policy positions of Donald Trump. All of them true and backed up easily. And it’s a separate issue  of whether or not one believes he’s being railroaded in court. He’s entitled to fairness under the legal system like every other citizen and shouldn’t be targeted by the legal system just because a prosecutor or a judge has some kind of personal vendetta. That doesn’t go awa  just because someone is  critical of his boneheaded economic, fiscal, and monetary policy

You’re of the belief that just because he’s being mistreated by the legal system and being dragged through something that no one else would ever been charged, that we can’t say anything critical of his policies that will have a long-term effect on everybody

Believing that he’s being railroaded by the legal system, and that his supporters are being unfairly  targeted and treated more harshly for lesser offenses than others would  does not mean I’m obligated to vote for him

Just about every member who has expressed concerns or opposition to  another Trump term has been based on record and policy proposal. And not once have any of them been refuted by his supporters

If I wanted the above policies, I would just simply vote for Joe Biden and get it over with

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:22:25 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2024, 11:46:57 pm »
NO! I don't hold Biden blameless! I hold him personally accountable for virtually everything he's done in office including reversing all of Trump's EOs as soon as he walked in. Joe Biden is a crook and has never been anything other!

you gave the answer that I thought you would.  wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2024, 11:53:06 pm »
you gave the answer that I thought you would.  wink777

And you rarely disappoint me either.  wink777

Most of the other Never Trumpers here live in states that Trump will win handily. You don't!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:01:00 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2024, 04:05:48 am »
Jesus H. Christ, Himself, won't be able to get this economy back on track without the American People suffering excruciatingly high interest rates on borrowing money.

Absolute nonsense.  The only thing required to get the economy back on track is for the federal government to stop spending money it doesn't have.  Allow capital to flow to those who actually do create wealth instead of it being confiscated by an entity that creates no wealth.  But then you are already on record here opposing that.

And if TBR NeverTrumpers insist on blaming him for the huge deficits incurred because of the Covid Stimulus handouts

I can't speak for the small handful of Never-Trumpers here.  But for us #NeverLiberals, we fully understand that not only does the Executive Branch have veto power over the Legislature, but said branch is also the one put in charge of all the spending.  The President also has the advantage of the Bully Pulpit which can go a long way towards influencing Congress, especially with the Senate under GOP control for all four years of Trump's Presidency.  Only a weak-ass feckless schmuck would let Congress run over him roughshod, that is unless that schmuck was fully on board with all that spending from the get-go like Trump was.

During Ronald Reagan's presidency, I sold real estate in Washington, D.C. when fixed 30 year rates were so high, they enacted usury laws. A fixed 15% 30 year rate was a 'bargain'...if you could find it.

During Ronald Reagan's Presidency, the government actually borrowed money from the existing supply.  In other words, they had to compete for those dollars.  Hence, interest rates reflected that demand.

But during Trump's Presidency, the government didn't do that.  Instead of competing for existing dollars, they simply printed up new ones to fund government, which allowed them to set interest rates near zero.  And by doing so, they effectively stole the value of that money from everyone else through devaluation.

And all you guyz can dance around the minefield all you want with your phony 'concern' for him being railroaded in the courts at the moment.  You're all liars who can't hide your glee while typing posts claiming the opposite.

You all make me sick to my stomach.

Show me where I lied.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2024, 03:51:53 pm »
Absolute nonsense.  The only thing required to get the economy back on track is for the federal government to stop spending money it doesn't have.  Allow capital to flow to those who actually do create wealth instead of it being confiscated by an entity that creates no wealth.  But then you are already on record here opposing that.

I can't speak for the small handful of Never-Trumpers here.  But for us #NeverLiberals, we fully understand that not only does the Executive Branch have veto power over the Legislature, but said branch is also the one put in charge of all the spending.  The President also has the advantage of the Bully Pulpit which can go a long way towards influencing Congress, especially with the Senate under GOP control for all four years of Trump's Presidency.  Only a weak-ass feckless schmuck would let Congress run over him roughshod, that is unless that schmuck was fully on board with all that spending from the get-go like Trump was.

During Ronald Reagan's Presidency, the government actually borrowed money from the existing supply.  In other words, they had to compete for those dollars.  Hence, interest rates reflected that demand.

But during Trump's Presidency, the government didn't do that.  Instead of competing for existing dollars, they simply printed up new ones to fund government, which allowed them to set interest rates near zero.  And by doing so, they effectively stole the value of that money from everyone else through devaluation.

Show me where I lied.

If Trump came out and admitted that there’s been mistakes made by not only his administration, but administrations before him, and started sounding more like Javier Milei vs Bernie Sanders,  I would reconsider my #NeverLiberal position

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2024, 03:54:50 pm »
   He has never repented to G_d for his mistakes (because he has done nothing to repent) do you think he will admit to any mistakes he made to voters?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2024, 04:00:34 pm »

If Trump came out and admitted that there’s been mistakes made by not only his administration, but administrations before him, and started sounding more like Javier Milei vs Bernie Sanders,  I would reconsider my #NeverLiberal position

:amen:

Online DB

« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2024, 08:16:08 pm »
   He has never repented to G_d for his mistakes (because he has done nothing to repent) do you think he will admit to any mistakes he made to voters?

Yep... That's what he said... That SCREAMS to what the man is all about...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2024, 09:47:12 pm »

No

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2024, 09:58:49 pm »

No

More than that, he lauds himself. He sees no mistake. He thinks he's right.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:57 pm »
More than that, he lauds himself. He sees no mistake. He thinks he's right.

ROFL!  Look in the danged mirror!

Project much??
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline berdie

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2024, 10:10:08 pm »

Never been a sinner...never sinned. :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2024, 12:35:01 am »
ROFL!  Look in the danged mirror!

Project much??

I am often wrong. And these pages prove I am not above admission and/or correction.

But I have to be wrong first. I am not wrong about Tumpy, which is your major bitch at me.
And as always I remain open to being shown the error of my ways. So show me.
Which you cannot do... Which is your dilemma. Yours. Not mine.
Because the error is yours.  happy77
It is no fault of mine that I will not help you in your error. If you want help to lift you out of your error, well, that's a different story.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2024, 12:41:05 am »

Same here.  There are a lot of things about Trump that I like.  But for the things that really matter, Trump is the enemy of Conservatism.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2024, 12:44:20 am »
Nope. I don't give a crap what he 'sounds like'.
Because he can 'sound like' anything.
It's what he DOES that matters.

And that train has already left the building.
It's already written.
And that shows what he is.
The record does not lie.

Online corbe

« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2024, 01:31:28 am »
   Most of us knew what he was about before his infamous escalator ride without watching his reality tv show.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2024, 01:36:26 am »
Same here.  There are a lot of things about Trump that I like.  But for the things that really matter, Trump is the enemy of Conservatism.

There were things that I liked about Trump; however his actions since he started this campaign only reminds me that he is NOT a conservative. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2024, 06:11:08 pm »
Nope. I don't give a crap what he 'sounds like'.
Because he can 'sound like' anything.
It's what he DOES that matters.

And that train has already left the building.
It's already written.
And that shows what he is.
The record does not lie.

Correct. And his record is evidence of what a second term would be like.

That’s why he would have to admit to the mistakes of his first term and ask for penance.

Would he be bullshitting? Perhaps. But I would take that risk in the slight chance he was sincere.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2024, 08:27:06 pm »
   Most of us knew what he was about before his infamous escalator ride without watching his reality tv show.

Yup... and I never watched his show. Ain't paid him any mind in decades. My opinion on Tumpy goes way back. Back to Reagan's day. I bought one of his books. The first one. That was so full of bullcrap that I couldn't finish it. At the time he was lauded as a great con-man and businessman. Bullcrap on both. Very disappointing bag of air. And he's done nothing to change that opinion in all those years.

A leopard don't change his spots. If he is king of anything, it is 'hyperbole' (I'm being kind).

Online roamer_1

« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2024, 08:34:53 pm »

Correct. And his record is evidence of what a second term would be like.

That’s why he would have to admit to the mistakes of his first term and ask for penance.

Would he be bullshitting? Perhaps. But I would take that risk in the slight chance he was sincere.

You're much too kind.
I think a change of heart must be earned.
A form of restitution in a sense.
Proof.

I sure as hell ain't gonna give the guy that kind of power again, just because he says so.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2024, 02:16:24 am »
Humility is definitely not a word in Trump's very limited vocabulary. Maybe it's just innate or his parents put it into him, but he makes it very clear he thinks he's the greatest person in world history.
That he's a lot less than that does not disqualify him from the presidency. Lying about losing and instigating riots at our nation's capital does though.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2024, 01:16:10 am »

I started following Trump when he went after Obama's birth certificate in Hawaii and during his brief presidential run in 2011, and decided then that he was a conman and a charlatan. But then he was humiliated by Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner.  THAT set the country on the path to where it is today, concerning the presidency:

Did the 2011 White House correspondents’ dinner spur Trump to run for president?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2017/02/26/did-the-2011-white-house-correspondents-dinner-spur-trump-to-run-for-president/

Trump was 'beside himself with fury' after Obama roasted him at the 2011 White House Correspondents' dinner: book

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-was-beside-himself-with-fury-after-obama-roasted-him-in-2011-book-2021-11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX16OrIVfeQ

Trump had every right to be torqued off since the Washington Post set-him up for that public flogging by Obama. If Obama had left him alone, Trump would probably had gone back to business, and that would have been the end of that.  But Obama didn't, and Trump one-upped him by actually winning the 2016 presidential election, which shocked the commie Indonesian.

How Trump’s Election Shook Obama: ‘What if We Were Wrong?’

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/us/politics/obama-reaction-trump-election-benjamin-rhodes.html

Served the bastard right, but he and his outgoing minions then organized the "Resistance" within the "Deep State" and coordinated with the Clintons to sabotage Trump's presidency, which was unconscionable and did enormous damage to the country. 

Trump being Trump though, he was completely ignorant about how to deal with the threat and use all the political tools a president has on hand to beat them back and weed out the saboteurs.  Instead, he just ran his mouth, thrashed around wildly, tried to make bad deals with Democrats, and ultimately walked straight into the COVID trap, resulting in the January 6th riot and the Biden regime.  If Trump had bothered to learn some things about politics and how the federal government is organized, funded, and administered within each of its 15 executive departments and 10 cabinet-level agencies and offices, so that he could have effectively wielded much more power and better defended himself and his policies, things might have turned out differently. 

FDR and LBJ would have never been caught in such a trap since they were able to reach deep down into the federal bureaucracy and ensure that their policies were carried out, overcoming any resistance, stonewalling, and foot-dragging from within. Trump couldn't and didn't.

With all of that said, Trump apparently made noises about running for president back in the 1980s:

Here's a Timeline of Every Time Donald Trump Ran for President [through July 2015]

https://www.tvguide.com/news/donald-trump-presidential-campaign-timeline/

Though Donald Trump's presidential campaign has thus far been a series of unfortunate events, this isn't the real estate mogul's first time at the election rodeo. Since the late 1980s, Trump has threatened, with varying degrees of seriousness, to enter the race.

Here is a timeline of Trump's history in politics:

1987-1988: Trump considers a run for president, while simultaneously juggling large debts stemming from his purchase of the Taj Mahal casino.

2000: Trump enters the presidential race as a Reform Party candidate and receives more than 15,000 votes in the party's California primary.

2003-2004: Trump begins hosting the reality show The Apprentice on NBC, which he also executive-produces. He again mulls a run for president, but ultimately decides not to join the race.

March 2011: A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll shows Trump leading all presidential contenders, including Mitt Romney.

April 2011: Amid more research polls indicating that he would be the preferred Republican presidential candidate among voters, Trump repeatedly calls for President Obama to release his long-form birth certificate, questioning whether Obama was actually born in the United States. (Obama eventually complies and releases the birth certificate.)

May 2011: Trump officially announces that he will not run for president.

February 2012: Trump endorses Republican candidate Mitt Romney for president.

2013: Trump forms a presidential exploratory committee and, despite a strong backing from Republican voters, announces that he has no interest in running for governor of New York in 2014.

February 2015: Trump decides not to renew his Apprentice contract, fueling speculation that he's mulling a run for president.

June 2015: Trump formally announces that he's running for president in a speech delivered from Trump Tower in New York City. Almost immediately, corporations and individuals that have partnerships with Trump - including Macy's, NBC and Univision - begin to sever ties with the mogul because of disparaging comments he made about Mexicans in the speech announcing his candidacy.

July 2015: Trump comes under fire after revealing Republican rival Lindsey Graham's phone number of live TV and criticizing John McCain for being a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 01:20:59 am by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2024, 01:47:39 am »
Here's a Timeline of Every Time Donald Trump Ran for President [through July 2015]

February 2012: Trump endorses Republican candidate Mitt Romney for president.

Trump did this right before the Nevada primary.  On the next primary date, Feb 7, Rick Santorum wins Colorado, Missouri, and Minnesota.  But Trump's endorsement was already tied up with the GOP Establishment candidate.  The GOPe would return the favor four years later.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2024, 01:56:22 am »

Never been a sinner...never sinned. :laugh:

I see what you did there!

Don’t start me on Trump’s lack of religiosity especially vis a vis his “Christian” minions who keep talking as if he is Gods chosen.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.