Author Topic: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 8858 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2024, 03:56:10 pm »
If you support the democrats or republicans out of spite for the opposition, neither party has the incentive to find better candidates.  Just look at the Trump campaign.  It's nothing but a hate-fest.  MAGA is about fear and loathing of the radical left.  They have no principles.  Rank and file democrats are not happy with Biden either, but they don't have the balls to deal with him because they are united in opposition to MAGA, whatever that represents at any given time.

That's right - The distraction of 'voting against' the other side leaves your side free to do whatever - with your approval. That is the exact problem.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2024, 03:58:04 pm »
You must stop listening only to the voices in your head @roamer_1   ---   Trump tried to reopen Montana beginning Apr 18, 2020.

But, you elected a democrat governor, TWICE.  Well done, fiddler.

LOL!  Probably because the Republican candidate wasn't sufficiently Conservative in his opinion.  /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2024, 03:59:22 pm »
LOL!  Probably because the Republican candidate wasn't sufficiently Conservative in his opinion.  /s

I didn't vote for the Democrat.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2024, 04:00:47 pm »
So, any governor could have kept his or her state open.    ----  Thanks for playing  88888cool

:beer:  Do you make sauce???   888heartkitty
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2024, 04:17:55 pm »
So, any governor could have kept his or her state open.    ----  Thanks for playing  88888cool

LOL, so you think that's some sort of endorsement of Trump because the governors didn't resist him enough in his push for massive loss of the freedom and economic damage...

Do you think about the crap you post? Or is it just an emotional high because you think you're so clever that the facts/details will be overlooked?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2024, 04:53:23 pm »
That's right - The distraction of 'voting against' the other side leaves your side free to do whatever - with your approval. That is the exact problem.

I understand the point, but I don't really buy it.  Elections are generally decided by a narrow enough margin that every vote matters.   Even if 80% of voters are only voting against the other side, that other 20% still matters a lot.

Also, we see lots of politicians pander to voters by voting in favor of various programs or policies.  They're not just pointing at the other side's negatives.

I don't really agree with the larger point that politicians "learn" from elections.  Generally, there are just too many different issues, and voters are motivated by such widely disparate and often contradictory reasons that it is very rare you can isolate a single issue as "the" reason for a loss.  Abortion and immigration, maybe.  But that's about it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2024, 04:56:05 pm »
Do you think about the crap you post? Or is it just an emotional high because you think you're so clever that the facts/details will be overlooked?

The latter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2024, 04:56:43 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2024, 05:17:25 pm »
I understand the point, but I don't really buy it.  Elections are generally decided by a narrow enough margin that every vote matters.   Even if 80% of voters are only voting against the other side, that other 20% still matters a lot.

Also, we see lots of politicians pander to voters by voting in favor of various programs or policies.  They're not just pointing at the other side's negatives.

I don't really agree with the larger point that politicians "learn" from elections.  Generally, there are just too many different issues, and voters are motivated by such widely disparate and often contradictory reasons that it is very rare you can isolate a single issue as "the" reason for a loss.  Abortion and immigration, maybe.  But that's about it.

None of that matters - It's all strategery.

I am talking about the individual vote - What it means. To me, I am no longer willing to buy into the plastic bullshit on the stump. It means nothing. But it is there to influence the unwary - It sounds good, so they buy in. But then that candidate gets elected and goes about party business instead of his supposed promises. And party business is diametrically opposed to those promises.

But he'll sell bullshit every 4 to six years and get elected again
and again.
and again.

At some point you - I mean !YOU! -  have to take responsibility for the shit they're really doing. Y'all keep putting them in there.

Well that's what I have done. I am no longer willing to blindly endorse anyone when the party is just as corrupt and hell bent on globalism as the Democrats are.

And with that, my vote - My endorsement - suddenly gained in value, because of its rarity. Because it is no longer inflated by party bullshit. It means something now.

Tumpy is no different than Romney. Same thing. Same big-city liberal mentality. Tie that with his record and there is no way in hell he gains my approval.

What he is is exactly the opposite of what I believe in, and he's selling liberalism... To the Right. There is nothing to be gained in stategery with that.

So why EXACTLY should I vote for the exact opposite of what I want?
How does that profit me, or my political fellows?
To what end, if I throw my vote away on that?

It's LESS than disenfranchisement. It's actively approving that to which I am diametrically opposed. My vote at that point is less than worthless.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2024, 06:01:01 pm »
LOL, so you think that's some sort of endorsement of Trump because the governors didn't resist him enough in his push for massive loss of the freedom and economic damage...

Ah, just setting the record straight @DB   President Trump did not close --- in any capacity ---  any state in the union; the only ones with the authority to do that were the governors. 

I don't know who peed in your Cheerios, but, again, I'm just setting the record straight.  You're the one sounding in need of a strong mood stabilizing medication.

Offline DB

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2024, 06:43:31 pm »
Ah, just setting the record straight @DB   President Trump did not close --- in any capacity ---  any state in the union; the only ones with the authority to do that were the governors. 

I don't know who peed in your Cheerios, but, again, I'm just setting the record straight.  You're the one sounding in need of a strong mood stabilizing medication.

Total denial of reality. Trump stood before the country and said he is shutting down businesses and schools to flatten the curve for 15 days - which continued more than a year. The video has already been posted. You can lie all you want, that is what HE did.

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2024, 06:57:05 pm »
Donald Trump just threw Georgia’s governor directly under the bus on coronavirus

Chris Cillizza  |  April 23, 2020

“I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia. They’re incredible people. I love those people. They are – they’re great. They’ve been strong, resolute.

But, at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he’s doing. But I want to let the governors do – now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I’ll do. But I think spas and beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barbershops in phase one – we’re going to have phase two very soon – is just too soon. I think it’s too soon.

“And I love the people. I love – I love those people that use all of those things: the spas and the beauty parlors and barbershops, tattoo parlors. I love them. But they can wait a little bit longer. Just a little bit. Not – not much. Because safety has to predominate. We have to have that. So I told the governor, very simply, that I disagree with his decision, but he has to do what he thinks is right.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/politics/brian-kemp-donald-trump-coronavirus/index.html

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2024, 07:35:58 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712413219397632

IIRC eventually Trump did leave it up to the states after some governors such as DeSantis went ahead and re-opened anyways knowing that ultimately it should be a state issue.

I believe he and Abbott re-opened about the same time.

Thank goodness!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:38:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2024, 07:53:46 pm »
Total denial of reality. Trump stood before the country and said he is shutting down businesses and schools to flatten the curve for 15 days - which continued more than a year. The video has already been posted. You can lie all you want, that is what HE did.

I wish you'd get some control over your emotions and at least try to understand the President gave suggestions, recommendations for both individuals and governors.  Both were free to ignore them all ---- well, at least until governors started flexing their muscles.

Trump issues ‘Coronavirus Guidelines’ for next 15 days to slow pandemic
CNBC,  Mar 16, 2020

President Donald Trump on Monday announced a strict set of guidelines for Americans to follow for the next 15 days to try to “slow the spread” of the coronavirus. The recommendations call on people to sharply limit their normal behaviors when it comes to eating out, shopping and socializing.

At the same time, stock market indices posted record-breaking losses as states and cities took dramatic actions in efforts to reduce the rate of transmission.

Read all the guidelines:

*Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.

*If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.

*If your children are sick, keep them at home. Do not send them to school. Contact your medical provider.

*If someone in your household has tested positive for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home. Do not go to work. Do not go to school. Contact your medical provider.

*If you are an older person, stay home and away from other people.

"If you are a person with a serious underlying health conditionthat can put you at increased risk (for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function or weakens your immune system), stay home and away from other people.

*Even if you are young, or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk for others. It is critical that you do your part to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

*Work or engage in schooling from home whenever possible.

*If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as health care service and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule. You and your employers should follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance to protect your health at work.

*Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.

*Avoid eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts — use drive-thru, pick-up or delivery options.

*Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits.

*Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.

*Practice good hygiene.

*Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.

*Avoid touching your face.

*Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.

*Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/trumps-coronavirus-guidelines-for-next-15-days-to-slow-pandemic.html

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:55:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2024, 07:56:33 pm »
But they can wait a little bit longer. Just a little bit. Not – not much. Because safety has to predominate. We have to have that.

What a damning statement.

Brings to mind Benjamin Franklin's famous quote that "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2024, 07:58:27 pm »
"For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government.  Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect.  It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons."

-Donald J. Trump-

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2024, 08:03:59 pm »
IIRC eventually Trump did leave it up to the states after some governors such as DeSantis went ahead and re-opened anyways knowing that ultimately it should be a state issue.

You just keep making up shit.  **nononono*

Online libertybele

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2024, 08:05:16 pm »
"For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government.  Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect.  It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons."

-Donald J. Trump-

That was his first stance until some governors gave him the middle finger and went ahead and opened up anyways -- it wasn't until much later that he then backpedaled and said it was up to each governor. 

I still remain curious as to why or how Fauci's research started up again under Trump after it was shut down by Obama.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2024, 05:17:03 am »
None of that matters - It's all strategery.

I am talking about the individual vote - What it means. To me, I am no longer willing to buy into the plastic bullshit on the stump. It means nothing. But it is there to influence the unwary - It sounds good, so they buy in. But then that candidate gets elected and goes about party business instead of his supposed promises. And party business is diametrically opposed to those promises.

But he'll sell bullshit every 4 to six years and get elected again
and again.
and again.

At some point you - I mean !YOU! -  have to take responsibility for the shit they're really doing. Y'all keep putting them in there.

Well that's what I have done. I am no longer willing to blindly endorse anyone when the party is just as corrupt and hell bent on globalism as the Democrats are.

And with that, my vote - My endorsement - suddenly gained in value, because of its rarity. Because it is no longer inflated by party bullshit. It means something now.

Tumpy is no different than Romney. Same thing. Same big-city liberal mentality. Tie that with his record and there is no way in hell he gains my approval.

What he is is exactly the opposite of what I believe in, and he's selling liberalism... To the Right. There is nothing to be gained in stategery with that.

So why EXACTLY should I vote for the exact opposite of what I want?
How does that profit me, or my political fellows?
To what end, if I throw my vote away on that?

It's LESS than disenfranchisement. It's actively approving that to which I am diametrically opposed. My vote at that point is less than worthless.

I agree with that.  I just don't think that "sending a message" by  not voting for someone works.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2024, 01:40:35 pm »
What a damning statement.

Brings to mind Benjamin Franklin's famous quote that "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2024, 02:30:32 pm »
I agree with that.  I just don't think that "sending a message" by  not voting for someone works.

It takes enough people to do that that they lose their power if they don't earn your vote. Until then it all continues downward.

Every election Republicans are herded into the corral of fear that the consequences are worse if they don't vote for the lesser evil. And every time we sink down further as a country regardless of who is elected.

We have to get out of that vicious cycle to have any hope of recovering.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2024, 07:52:50 pm »

So vote for em when they are not even vaguely what you want? When they are diametrically opposed to your principles?  Because that works?

Online corbe

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2024, 08:03:32 pm »
   If the Trumpers can claim that MY not voting for Trump is indicative of me voting for bidet than my not voting for either of them means I'm voting for BOTH  *****rollingeyes*****

* I live in a State that Trump will take easily (Texas)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2024, 08:14:47 pm »

I will always vote for someone.  Always.  It just won't a candidate from the false dilemma fallacy. If I have to write in 'Milton Friedman', I will do so just to let the two uni-parties know that not only was my vote available, but my vote showed up without fail.

I hold out this far-fetched hope that the GOP will look back on the last narrowly lost election and reflect on all the third party votes out there.  And would encourage themselves on how if they convinced those voters to vote GOP next time, then maybe that narrow loss could be converted to a victory.  But that never happens.  Instead of offering humility, sincerity, and a return to what made the GOP a good party to begin with, they offer contempt and derision.  When Conservatism was openly booed at the 2016 Convention, I knew right then that the GOP really didn't give a damn about my vote.  And they still don't today.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-