Author Topic: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 8871 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2024, 12:28:09 am »
More damage was done to liberty and the displacement of our constitution under Trump than anyone in the last 30+ years. Biden is awful. Trump is no better.

Are you seriously suggesting that Trump was worse in this respect than Barack Obama? Or, for that matter George W. Bush, who promoted the Patriot Act and the FISA courts, which in the name of a "War on Terror" have subjected millions of innocent Americans to unrestrained infringements on their privacy, free speech and freedom of travel?

Trump certainly erred in thinking he could rely on an Executive Branch whose members were nearly 100% of the other party, and who sabotaged him at every turn. I am quite literally praying that he has learned from the past. With Joe Biden, his will - such as it is - will be done. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2024, 12:33:31 am »
No. 'unwilling' is not 'unable'. There is a difference.

True. Republicans have largely been unwilling. Their residual inability stems from a stubborn refusal to learn how to govern, once in power. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 12:52:01 am »
True. Republicans have largely been unwilling. Their residual inability stems from a stubborn refusal to learn how to govern, once in power.

I think they are governing exactly as they would in any case - It's just that their ends are different than what they tell you they are. What governs the liberal and moderate wings of the Republican party are no friend to Conservatism, or this republic.

Online LMAO

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 12:59:27 am »
The mistakes Trump made during his first tenure he’s promising to make again

Spending, printing, tariffs,ect ect. And he thinks he did a great job during COVID

Why should we vote for more of that? Just because he’s not Biden? Biden isn’t even proposing protectionist tariffs or stated he’d pressure the Federal Reserve to lower interest rates while inflation marches on
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 01:09:08 am »
Tell that to all the school kids are far behind their grade level because the schools were shut down. Tell that to all the people who's businesses were destroyed because of the shut down. Tell that to all the people with health problems due to "operation warp speed". Tell that to all the people that were denied time tested low cost drugs that were affective because they were banned. All to pave the way operation warp speed. That was all policy driven from the executive branch of government. It was his job to know better and at a minimum be guided by the limits of the constitution.

More damage was done to liberty and the displacement of our constitution under Trump than anyone in the last 30+ years. Biden is awful. Trump is no better.

And Trump still believes he did a great job handling COVID.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2024, 01:10:50 am »

And Trump still believes he did a great job handling COVID.

And people here will vote for that AGAIN... *SMH*

Offline DB

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2024, 01:11:57 am »
Are you seriously suggesting that Trump was worse in this respect than Barack Obama? Or, for that matter George W. Bush, who promoted the Patriot Act and the FISA courts, which in the name of a "War on Terror" have subjected millions of innocent Americans to unrestrained infringements on their privacy, free speech and freedom of travel?

Trump certainly erred in thinking he could rely on an Executive Branch whose members were nearly 100% of the other party, and who sabotaged him at every turn. I am quite literally praying that he has learned from the past. With Joe Biden, his will - such as it is - will be done.

There is zero evidence Trump has learned anything. Trump did massive damage to the country during Covid along with massive spending prior. It was under Trump that people were told they didn't have to pay their rent. It was under Trump that people were told they didn't have to pay their student loans. It was under Trump that the government was spreading around billions if not a trillion dollars to stay home and do nothing. And then it was a big mystery when inflation went through the roof not long afterwards. Biden certainly accelerating the inflation, but inflation was coming period due to Trump's actions.

Ignorance isn't an acceptable answer when he's the leader and didn't explore other opinions from experts outside government. Leaders are supposed to lead and be held accountable for the consequences. And there were massive consequences.

A leader would have asked, okay you want to shut down the country for a couple of weeks to flatten the curve, what is the criteria for ending the shutdown? What are the economic consequences? Is it one size fits all for the entire country or should it be regional based where hospitals are overloaded? It goes on and on...

Trump just went on about how it was his call and that he the authority to do it and then handed the reins to the bureaucrats...

Online LMAO

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2024, 01:13:05 am »
  I'm guessing a Democrat President who would have tried some of what Trump did during Covid would have been blisteringly attacked by a lot of Republicans.  But because it was Trump, most Republicans didn't oppose him strongly, if at all.

Not just COVID

If a Democrat was president from 2017-2021, they not only would be beating him up on COVID but the debt, the tariffs, the inflationary policies, ect ect

But for some reason, because it’s Trump, it’s all good

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2024, 01:29:39 am »

YES - The single most egregious destruction of liberty in my life - Right down to my door posts. Your points are all fine and true, but never before was I so confined, so unable to help myself, so very at the whim of the system, than I experienced during Tumpy's lockdown.

And I had it easy. I had a pantry full of food, and a freezer full of meat - So when I couldn't get at my money from the bank for 3_friggin_months, I wasn't out of luck. But I was damn near out of luck. If it weren't for meager cash jobs as my business cratered, I  often couldn't afford gas.

No way in hell I'm voting for that - AND FROM THE RIGHT, btw - A complete and utter betrayal of the principles of Liberty from the RIGHT.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 01:31:03 am by roamer_1 »

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2024, 03:00:32 am »
Quote from: article
the treacherous weirdos who make a living off of going on MSNBC and selling out their former allies.

Good grief, Trump has sold out and trashed any and everyone whom he appointed. He concocted lies about anyone he ran against. Once gone, he just piled on like he was actually accomplishing something of value instead of just making more enemies.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2024, 03:04:29 am »
YES - The single most egregious destruction of liberty in my life - Right down to my door posts. Your points are all fine and true, but never before was I so confined, so unable to help myself, so very at the whim of the system, than I experienced during Tumpy's lockdown.

Which state did President Trump lock down?

Trump resists national shutdown, leaving it up to states
Politico, Apr 2, 2020

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is resisting calls to issue a national stay-at-home order to stem the spread of the new coronavirus despite his administration’s projections that tens of thousands of Americans are likely to be killed by the disease. One by one, though, states are increasingly pushing shutdown orders of their own.

Trump said Wednesday he wants to give governors’ “flexibility” on whether a stay-at-home policy is the best option for their constituents but acknowledged that he’s looking at limiting air and rail travel between hot spots within the United States. The Republican president remains hesitant to press a unified policy even after the White House released “sobering” new projections on Tuesday that 100,000 to 240,000 Americans will likely succumb to the coronavirus even if current social distancing guidelines are maintained.

More:  https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-ap-top-news-politics-united-states-c90b24e60a4853cebe96ec995b626f9b

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:10:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2024, 03:15:10 am »

43 states out of 50 locked down.

Thus...

Trump claims ‘total authority’ over state decisions

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/04/13/trump-claims-total-authority-over-state-decisions-1275506

By JEREMY B. WHITE

04/13/2020 07:40 PM EDT

President Donald Trump, hours after governors on both coasts announced regional plans for reopening their states, asserted “total authority” over decisions about when and how to emerge after coronavirus shutdowns.

“When somebody’s president of the United States, the authority is total,” Trump said at a press briefing Monday when asked about the governors’ plans. “And that’s the way it’s got to to be. It’s total. It’s total. And the governors know that.”

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:16:06 am by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2024, 03:15:43 am »
    @roamer_1 you obviously need to put more visuals in your presentations.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2024, 03:16:36 am »

Mine. His recommendation empowered our governor. And every federal building was shut off, and every national bank, and many national level networks. Even after Gianforte got in and lifted state impositions, it was still a far cry from normal. No parts because the ports were shut off. Interstate shipping regulated at ports of entry. Hell Canadian shipping is STILL messed up.

I know you'd like to insulate him from his culpability, but there is no way you can. He was standing there right beside Fauxi. It was  HIS PLAN.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2024, 03:19:53 am »
I know you'd like to insulate him from his culpability, but there is no way you can. He was standing there right beside Fauxi. It was  HIS PLAN.

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvbLKgpQlM

And then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeKL-TQMsGQ
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online LMAO

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2024, 03:21:04 am »

Thus...

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/04/13/trump-claims-total-authority-over-state-decisions-1275506

Yup

And then then later, he made this comment where he gives the governors leeway, but will step in if he sees something he “disagrees with”

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-tells-governors-reopening-federal-step-in-disagree/

Our gradual reopening plans are moving along and they're moving along very rapidly," the president said. "The governors are making their decisions, and want to make their decisions, and that's the way I want it to, and we will step in if we see something going wrong, or if we disagree, and some people say that's nice, and some people say I shouldn't be doing that, but we're going to do it if we see something wrong."

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:34:14 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2024, 03:27:20 am »
Nope!  @LMAO   It's time to look in your bathroom mirror if you want to see "clueless".  Take your principles and shove it!  We've got a Republic to save.

You are "saving" nothing.

You just perpetuate the ongoing destruction of the Republic.

Online LMAO

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2024, 04:05:43 am »
@corbe

Mugshot?

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2024, 04:06:24 am »

Thus...

Trump wanted to unilaterally OPEN US businesses.  The democrats and media went bat shit crazy.  Predictably, Republicans/principled conservatives stood down and helped governors keep businesses in their states closed. 

Thus --------

Trump completes reversal, telling govs ‘you are going to call your own shots’ and distributes new guidelines
CNN, Apr 16, 2020

CNN—  President Donald Trump unveiled new guidelines on Thursday meant to help states loosen their social distancing restrictions, but in a retreat from his onetime claim of “absolute authority” to restart the economy, he told governors on an afternoon telephone call it was their decision on when and how to reopen.

The new guidelines, meant to speed Trump’s goal of restarting the country, won’t be mandatory. Many governors have already extended restrictions into May or banded into regional collectives that will determine their own reopening plans. The newest consortium was created in the Midwest on Thursday by Democratic and Republican governors.

But Trump, eager to see a return to normalcy for housebound Americans, wants to provide at least a framework for how places can reopen despite warnings from all corners that testing capacity for coronavirus is still too small.

He said Thursday there were some states that, according to his new plan, could be ready to reopen tomorrow.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/politics/donald-trump-reopening-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html

Online corbe

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2024, 04:11:38 am »
@corbe

Mugshot?

Yes @LMAO  The last to second time I was in the Comal County Cooler @ 10 years ago.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2024, 04:16:22 am »
. His recommendation empowered our governor. And every federal building was shut off, and every national bank, and many national level networks.

Steve Bullock, your Governor locked down the state of Montana. That's what you get for electing a democrat. 

Online corbe

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2024, 04:21:42 am »
       Yea, explain that Mountain Man....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2024, 06:07:43 am »
Steve Bullock, your Governor locked down the state of Montana. That's what you get for electing a democrat.

That's fixed. And Gianforte opened the state immediately - AGAINST Tumpy's wishes.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2024, 12:04:52 pm »
Trump wanted to unilaterally OPEN US businesses.  The democrats and media went bat shit crazy.  Predictably, Republicans/principled conservatives stood down and helped governors keep businesses in their states closed. 

Total lies, typical of a Trump cultist. Trump was all for the lockdowns and had no clue when they would end.  He also pressured DeSantis and others to go along with Fauci and Birx.

Government response updates: Trump issues stricter guidelines to stop virus spread

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-grapples-coronavirus-guidelines-markets-plummet/story?id=69620218

President Donald Trump and his coronavirus task force on Monday issued new, stricter guidelines to stop the spread of the disease, including that states with evidence of community transmission should close bars, restaurants and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregate.

The new nationwide guidelines also call on Americans to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people; avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts; and encouraging schooling from home across the country.

"My administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts," Trump said.

(snip)

A reporter asked Trump "how long all of this might last" and if he had "any kind of estimate, if Americans really were to band together, do what the White House is suggesting, how quickly we can turn this corner."

Trump said that "people are talking about July, August, something like that." He said he likes to say it "washes through" but "other people don't like that term."

(snip)

Asked if this was "the new normal until the height of summer," Trump replied: "We'll see what happens. But they think August, it could be July, could be longer than that."

After talk with Trump, Florida reverses course on coronavirus stay-at-home order

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/talk-trump-florida-reverses-coronavirus-stay-home-order/story?id=69926173

President Donald Trump had direct praise for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis at a press conference Tuesday: "Great governor. Knows exactly what he’s doing." Trump hailed Florida's response to the novel coronavirus outbreak as he answered a question about the Republican's resistance to issuing statewide stay-at-home restrictions for Floridians.

Now, less than 24 hours after the administration revealed sobering data with death toll projections in the U.S. between 100,000 to 240,000 with social distancing and proper mitigation measures in place, DeSantis reversed course and told citizens in his state Wednesday afternoon to stay home for the next 30 days.

(snip)

DeSantis said he spoke with the president and other White House officials about Wednesday’s decision to order Floridians to stay at home, prior to the announcement.

"I did consult with folks in the White House. I did speak with the president about it," DeSantis said Wednesday. "He agreed with the approach of focusing on the hot spots but at the same time, you know, he understood that this is another 30-day situation and you gotta just do what makes the most sense."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2024, 12:11:01 pm »

Total lies, typical of a Trump cultist. Trump was all for the lockdowns and had no clue when they would end.  He also pressured DeSantis and others to go along with Fauci and Birx.

Are you stupid or something?

@Right_in_Virginia clearly showed it was AFTER the shutdown...when "Two Weeks to Stop The Spread" became two months plus.

The Democrats and the Media went batshit crazy!

SO...let me ask you @Timber Rattler Who's lying?  RIV or you?   :whistle:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald