Author Topic: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 8850 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2024, 10:02:16 pm »
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE FOR WORLD CHAOS, IT IS A VOTE FOR WORLD WAR!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE TO DEVALUATE THE DOLLAR, IT IS A VOTE TO CRASH THE AMERICAN DOMESTIC ECONOMY!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE FOR LAWLESS CITIES WHICH REWARD CRIMINALS AND PUNISH VICTIMS!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE TO 'SHUTDOWN AND CRIMINALIZE' ANY AND ALL AMERICAN ENERGY PRODUCTION!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP WILL ONLY BRING CHAOS, STARVATION, AND HARDSHIP, ON ALL THE PEOPLE WHO VOTE FOR HIM!

A vote for Trump is a vote for unemployment, bankruptcy, massive illegal invasion, and worldwide wars!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:04:32 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2024, 10:10:25 pm »
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE FOR WORLD CHAOS, IT IS A VOTE FOR WORLD WAR!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE TO DEVALUATE THE DOLLAR, IT IS A VOTE TO CRASH THE AMERICAN DOMESTIC ECONOMY!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE FOR LAWLESS CITIES WHICH REWARD CRIMINALS AND PUNISH VICTIMS!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE TO 'SHUTDOWN AND CRIMINALIZE' ANY AND ALL AMERICAN ENERGY PRODUCTION!
A VOTE FOR TRUMP WILL ONLY BRING CHAOS, STARVATION, AND HARDSHIP, ON ALL THE PEOPLE WHO VOTE FOR HIM!

A vote for Trump is a vote for unemployment, bankruptcy, massive illegal invasion, and worldwide wars!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:11:15 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2024, 10:11:00 pm »
Well, if you really want to know, all 50 States were subject to the federal government threatening to withhold funds from hospitals if doctors prescribed ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine.  And the same for pharmacies filling those prescriptions.

But then you knew that already before offering up that stupid strawman.

What the hell does this asinine interruption  pointing-up  have to do with the question on the table: -----

Which of the seven states that chose to ignore all federal recommendations faced even the hint of litigation or massive issues with federal funding because of it?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2024, 10:13:42 pm »
What the hell does this asinine interruption  pointing-up  have to do with the question on the table: -----

What does the question strawman on the table have to do with what Trump said?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2024, 05:49:14 pm »
Wait!!  What??  You're confusing me @Maj. Bill Martin

What Republicans have stood in Biden's way these past 3-1/2 years?

Most of them.  To the extent you disagree, ask yourself why things like mass amnesty, that $6T second stimulus bill, national pro-abortion legislation, a bill to bar Trump from running, etc., etc., etc. haven't passed.

On the other side of your point...what Republicans supported President Trump's call to build the wall on the Southern Border?

Again, most of them.  Trump himself screwed up by not even pushing it hard until the second half of his term when we'd lost the House.

He was stabbed in the back by Republicans in the West Wing.  The renegade Intelligence agencies ran amok with no interference by the GOP.

Every single Republican in the West Wing was there because Trump wanted them there.  He had the power to fire any of them, at any time.  He was just too lazy and poorly read to stay on top of things, and also too concerned with short-term popularity to do anything controversial.

Same issue he has with Fauci.

You guys appear desperate throwing contrarian arguments against the wall.  You seem absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency but not the least bit concerned with a Biden 2nd term.

Why not try actually refuting our criticisms of Trump instead of just labelling them contrarian".  Anyway, I'm not "terrified" of either Trump or Biden.  I just think both would be monumentally crappy Presidents who would accelerate the decline of the country, albeit in different ways.

FWIW, on election might, I'll probably be hoping for Trump to win.  But I cannot bring myself to vote for him again.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 05:51:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2024, 06:05:35 pm »
Most of them.  To the extent you disagree, ask yourself why things like mass amnesty, that $6T second stimulus bill, national pro-abortion legislation, a bill to bar Trump from running, etc., etc., etc. haven't passed.

Again, most of them.  Trump himself screwed up by not even pushing it hard until the second half of his term when we'd lost the House.

Every single Republican in the West Wing was there because Trump wanted them there.  He had the power to fire any of them, at any time.  He was just too lazy and poorly read to stay on top of things, and also too concerned with short-term popularity to do anything controversial.

Same issue he has with Fauci.

Why not try actually refuting our criticisms of Trump instead of just labelling them contrarian".  Anyway, I'm not "terrified" of either Trump or Biden.  I just think both would be monumentally crappy Presidents who would accelerate the decline of the country, albeit in different ways.

FWIW, on election might, I'll probably be hoping for Trump to win.  But I cannot bring myself to vote for him again.
YOU @Maj. Bill Martin have a very faulty memory! Either that or you have another agenda.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2024, 06:35:57 pm »
YOU @Maj. Bill Martin have a very faulty memory! Either that or you have another agenda.

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2024, 06:57:04 pm »

Why not try actually refuting our criticisms of Trump instead of just labelling them contrarian". 

Because they can’t refute them.

And they know it

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 06:58:51 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2024, 07:04:18 pm »
Because they can’t refute them.

And they know it

Several posters have refuted them here multiple times already I personally refuse to allow you people to jerk me around anymore. If you wish to see them YOU find them!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2024, 07:09:42 pm »
Several posters have refuted them here multiple times already I personally refuse to allow you people to jerk me around anymore. If you wish to see them YOU find them!

Like your claim that prices went down when Trump was president only to have another poster prove you wrong. Or how about you dismissing the idea that Obama deported more people than Trump and instead of providing data as a rebuttal, you simply attacked the sources

Yeah, I guess you can say many of the criticisms of Trump have been “refuted.” Its just the rebuttals have been wrong :shrug:

So try again. Rebuttals are not dismissing uncomfortable facts
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:13:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2024, 07:12:54 pm »
Like your claim that prices went down when Trump was president only to have another poster prove you wrong. Or how about you dismissing the idea that Obama deported more people than Trump and instead of providing data as a rebuttal, you simply attacked the sources

Yeah, I guess you can say many of the criticisms of Trump have been “refuted.” Its just the rebuttals have been wrong :shrug:

So try again

The ONLY place you have ever proven me wrong is in YOUR fevered mind! Try again!

PS: I'm sick of democrats who claim to be Republicans!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:14:32 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2024, 07:17:51 pm »

PS: I'm sick of democrats who claim to be Republicans![/size]

Yet, curiously, you’re voting for Trump wink777
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:22:03 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2024, 07:28:11 pm »
Yet, curiously, you’re voting for Trump wink777

:yowsa: And you are not! Thereby opening the door for four more years of Democrat (read Communist) rule.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2024, 07:48:43 pm »

Anyway, I'm not "terrified" of either Trump or Biden.  I just think both would be monumentally crappy Presidents who would accelerate the decline of the country, albeit in different ways.

I think the driving issue in the next several years is going to be inflation and the rising cost of living. Neither candidate has any plans do not only address it, but both of their plans will to make it worse

Now I see that Biden has come out in favor of more tariffs, just like Donald Trump, which will further raise costs on businesses and consumers

I think it was either Bill O’Reilly or Dennis Prager that had a financial person on their show the other night while driving back from work that was outlining the issues with the debt. The issued isn’t just the debt. It’s now the cost of financing that debt and  what it’s going to mean for not only private Investment but how it’s going to affect the American people and their standard of living

Scary stuff. 

It should be mandatory listening for both MAGAs and progressives

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:49:50 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2024, 08:48:23 pm »
:yowsa: And you are not! Thereby opening the door for four more years of Democrat (read Communist) rule.

How is that any different than the Republican (read Democrat)?

See, therein lies the the rub: Evidently I am supposed to sacrifice principle, and vote *FOR* what I am diametrically opposed to, in order to fight against what I am diametrically opposed to.

Make that make sense.

Online LMAO

« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2024, 08:56:33 pm »
There was a time when conservatives understood that using government spending to prop up the economy worked for a short while.  But like a heroin junkie that needs his fix of  heroin to get high, the  economy requires more  government spending to keep that high going. This was one of the rebuttals that conservatives used to give Obama and his supporters whenever they posted how good the economy was doing. And even with all that debt, average GDP was unimpressive.

Trump also did this and so is Biden. The reason why Trump said he would pressure the federal reserve to lower interest rates if  elected is because he wants to continue operating the economy the same way

Now we’re dealing with inflation that shows no sign of subsiding. Accurately predicted by conservatives

Trump is not solely to blame. There’s plenty of blame to go around. But he does share some responsibility for the mess we are in

GWB, Obama, Trump, and Biden all believe in the Keynesian economic theory with Trump more open about his belief in modern monetary theory, as he said once that we would never default on our debt because we can print all the money we need
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 09:19:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2024, 08:58:58 pm »

Either way, we get 4 more years of Democrat rule.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2024, 09:05:19 pm »
There was a time when conservatives understood that using government spending to prop up the economy worked for a short while.

There is never a time where government spending props up the economy.  It only takes money out of the hands of wealth creators and uses that money to prop up government.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2024, 09:58:25 pm »
From news reports seen elsewhere, looks like even Bill Barr has wised up about Mr. Trump...

Online LMAO

« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2024, 10:13:27 pm »
So if Trump follows his economic model and inflation continues to be a problem or worse, we go into an economic crisis, who or what  are his supporters going to blame? Biden? Obama? The deep state? The Media? The Democrats? Conservatives? Or perhaps all the above

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2024, 11:15:56 pm »
So if Trump follows his economic model and inflation continues to be a problem or worse, we go into an economic crisis, who or what  are his supporters going to blame? Biden? Obama? The deep state? The Media? The Democrats? Conservatives? Or perhaps all the above

The congress! Where the blame belongs!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2024, 11:23:26 pm »

Jesus H. Christ, Himself, won't be able to get this economy back on track without the American People suffering excruciatingly high interest rates on borrowing money.

And if TBR NeverTrumpers insist on blaming him for the huge deficits incurred because of the Covid Stimulus handouts ($2800) to every registered citizen, they'll have orgasms blaming him for occupying the Oval Office during the next four years.

During Ronald Reagan's presidency, I sold real estate in Washington, D.C. when fixed 30 year rates were so high, they enacted usury laws. A fixed 15% 30 year rate was a 'bargain'...if you could find it.

And all you guyz can dance around the minefield all you want with your phony 'concern' for him being railroaded in the courts at the moment.  You're all liars who can't hide your glee while typing posts claiming the opposite.

You all make me sick to my stomach.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:24:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2024, 11:27:13 pm »
The two previous posts outline the problem. They will not hold Trump accountable for anything. They’ll blame everything and everybody else

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2024, 11:29:56 pm »
The congress! Where the blame belongs!

So I take it, based on your post, that you hold Biden blameless?  Or is this just a carve out for Donald Trump?

My question is rhetorical

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2024, 11:32:10 pm »
The two previous posts outline the problem. They will not hold Trump accountable for anything. They’ll blame everything and everybody else

BS! I hold Trump accountable when I see him do things he shouldn't. Not things he cannot prevent.

- J. R. R. Tolkien