Author Topic: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 15088 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2024, 03:19:58 pm »
I am a poll worker. That is 100% true.  Write ins must be on the pre-approved list.  I laugh at the idiots who write in Mickey Mouse or Jesus Christ. You just made your ballot worthless and you have just wasted your time

I suspect those who write in names like that already are aware that their vote is wasted.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2024, 03:48:01 pm »
I checked into the rules for Write in  candidates in Wisconsin so it looks like I’m better off just leaving the presidential box left unchecked and vote down ticket
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2024, 03:54:12 pm »
I've never demanded a thing from any of you.

And like I've been posting since the NT majority here washed up on our front porch...I don't give a bleep about your phony principles.  Withholding your votes not only puts all of us at peril, it robs your children and grandchildren of their opportunity to live in a FREE America.

You're all selfish egotists who ultimately stand for nothing...given the OBVIOUS reality unfolding before all of us on a daily basis.

I think MAGA is just as sure to destroy this country as are the Democrats.  Just more slowly.

The difference is that the Democrats aren't going anywhere - there is always going to be a left.   Get rid of MAGA, and there is at least the possibility that an actual conservative opposition to the left may arise.

Trump has had eight years to prove that he isn't a populist buffoon with no understanding of this country's founding principles and documents.  He failed.  He got my vote twice, but I I won't go down that MAGA road again because it's getting worse, not better.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 04:28:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2024, 04:03:59 pm »
You're all selfish egotists who ultimately stand for nothing...given the OBVIOUS reality unfolding before all of us on a daily basis.

That’s funny.  Exact description of Trump.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2024, 04:31:50 pm »

lol!!!

BURN!!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:37 pm »
I think MAGA is just as sure to destroy this country as are the Democrats.  Just more slowly.

The difference is that the Democrats aren't going anywhere - there is always going to be a left.   Get rid of MAGA, and there is at least the possibility that an actual conservative opposition to the left may arise.

Trump has had eight years to prove that he isn't a populist buffoon with no understanding of this country's founding principles and documents.  He failed.  He got my vote twice, but I I won't go down that MAGA road again because it's getting worse, not better.

I’m just curious what principles we’re supposed to set aside in order to vote for Trump? I don’t want them to have control of an overbearing federal government that we no longer can pay for  any more than I want the left to have control of an overbearing federal government that we can’t afford to pay for

Take Covid for example. It is true that Donald Trump did not use the power of the federal government to stop states from reopening. But he was critical of them doing such, and he attacked the Swedish model. He still believes that he did a great job and handling Covid

Is there any reason to believe that he won’t follow that same pattern should  there be another pandemic? And is  how we dealt with Covid going to be how we handle  every pandemic?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 04:43:10 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online DB

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2024, 05:07:31 pm »

I’m just curious what principles we’re supposed to set aside in order to vote for Trump? I don’t want them to have control of an overbearing federal government that we no longer can pay for  any more than I want the left to have control of an overbearing federal government that we can’t afford to pay for

Take Covid for example. It is true that Donald Trump did not use the power of the federal government to stop states from reopening. But he was critical of them doing such, and he attacked the Swedish model. He still believes that he did a great job and handling Covid

Is there any reason to believe that he won’t follow that same pattern should  there be another pandemic? And is  how we dealt with Covid going to be how we handle  every pandemic?

I would dispute Trump didn't use the power of the federal government to shut things down. Schools, hospital, etc all fall under federal regulation so to not follow federal guidelines results in massive issues for the states with federal funding of all those things. It also opens up the states to litigation because they were no longer under the federal umbrella of no liability for whatever they were doing.

If Trump hadn't set federal policy by going out and saying he was shutting everything down to flatten the curve THEN it would have been up to the governors. But that isn't what happened.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2024, 05:12:32 pm »
I would dispute Trump didn't use the power of the federal government to shut things down. Schools, hospital, etc all fall under federal regulation so to not follow federal guidelines results in massive issues for the states with federal funding of all those things. It also opens up the states to litigation because they were no longer under the federal umbrella of no liability for whatever they were doing

Which of the seven states that chose to ignore all federal recommendations faced even the hint of litigation or massive issues with federal funding because of it?

Online DB

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2024, 05:15:01 pm »
Which of the seven states that chose to ignore all federal recommendations faced even the hint of litigation or massive issues with federal funding because of it?

So you are sticking with Trump gave orders that caused massive damage to the country but it was the fault of the governors that listened to him?

That's your endorsement of Trump having another go at it?

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2024, 05:17:41 pm »
:bsflag:

They did it in spite of Trump

Why they kept their states open is not the point ---- that the governors could freely decide not to follow any federal guideline *is* @Timber Rattler   The governors made the decision.

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2024, 05:24:06 pm »
So you are sticking with Trump gave orders that caused massive damage to the country but it was the fault of the governors that listened to him?

You've quite a twisted worldview on this.   pointing-up

The governors were asking for guidance.  The President simply said:  "Here's what we recommend, governors. You know your state's circumstances, you decide what what works best for you."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:27:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2024, 05:28:56 pm »

Feel free to answer the question @DB

Offline LMAO

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2024, 05:37:19 pm »
You've quite a twisted worldview on this.   pointing-up

The governors were asking for guidance.  The President simply said:  "Here's what we recommend, governors. You know your state's circumstances, you decide what what works best for you."

Heres a sample of what Trump really said

Our gradual reopening plans are moving along and they're moving along very rapidly," the president said. "The governors are making their decisions, and want to make their decisions, and that's the way I want it to, and we will step in if we see something going wrong, or if we disagree, and some people say that's nice, and some people say I shouldn't be doing that, but we're going to do it if we see something wrong."

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-tells-governors-reopening-federal-step-in-disagree/

Telling states that you will let them open up, but the federal government will step in if they see something they don’t agree with or see something that’s wrong without defining what that is not leaving it up to the states.

And here’s another

I'm going to put it very simply: the president of the United States has the authority to do what the president has the authority to do, which is very powerful. The president of the United States calls the shots," Trump said Monday evening, pressed on his claim during a news briefing at the White House.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1182836

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:44:53 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2024, 05:45:48 pm »
Has Trump come out and admitted that there were mistakes made during Covid from his administration and, knowing what we know now of the damage that it did, he would follow a different course?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:48:09 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online DB

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2024, 05:46:25 pm »

Heres a sample of what Trump really said

Our gradual reopening plans are moving along and they're moving along very rapidly," the president said. "The governors are making their decisions, and want to make their decisions, and that's the way I want it to, and we will step in if we see something going wrong, or if we disagree, and some people say that's nice, and some people say I shouldn't be doing that, but we're going to do it if we see something wrong."

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-tells-governors-reopening-federal-step-in-disagree/

Telling states that you will let them open up, but the federal government will step in if they see something they don’t agree with or see something that’s wrong without defining what that is not leaving it up to the states.

And here’s another

I'm going to put it very simply: the president of the United States has the authority to do what the president has the authority to do, which is very powerful. The president of the United States calls the shots," Trump said Monday evening, pressed on his claim during a news briefing at the White House.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1182836

She knows all that. She's simply being untruthful, repeatedly, on purpose.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2024, 05:48:53 pm »
She knows all that. She's simply being untruthful, repeatedly, on purpose.

@DB

She also made the claim in another thread that Ronald Reagan changed his stance on abortion multiple times over his career so there’s that

Like abortion, Trump was all over the map with Covid. Said he was going to give governors and mayors leeway unless they did something that the federal government disagreed with. Yet, critical of governors and open their states, in  his words, too soon.

And this is the result when you’re not guided by principles or attached to any political ideology. You can make things up on the  fly. Without any type of Ideological mooring, you can come out with many positions and leave it up to both your supporters and detractors to take out of it whatever they see fit

And yes, the hospital I work at we had a memo that went out around that time and said that we had to follow the federal guidelines so it’s a lie that it was just suggestions sent by the federal government

All of this matters now because both candidates that botched the Covid response are running for president asking the American people for another shot

And those who are defending Trump would not be defending Biden if he was president from January 2020 to January 2021
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 06:14:43 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online DB

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2024, 05:49:39 pm »
Has Trump come out and admitted that there were mistakes made during Covid from his administration and, knowing what we know now of the damage that it did, he would follow a different course?

Well he lied about DeSantis killing people by not following his guidelines within the last 6 months. So the answer is clear, he's not admitted or learned a damn thing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2024, 09:04:07 pm »
To me, it's an unforgivable act which calls for tar and feathering.

Thank God you and yours ain't in charge. I will work hard against such a claim.

Today's 'principled' Conservatives are Benedict Arnolds to the Republic...Pontius Pilates who think it absolves them of any guilt in the outcome...the further destrucion of our nation.

Who do think George Washington, Samuel Adams or Thomas Jefferson would agree with today...on the present 'battlefield' and current circumstances?

You're going the wrong damn way. You've already BEEN SHOWN that it's the wrong way with four years of previous governance.

We do NOT have to help you go the wrong damn way. And we do NOT have to go with you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2024, 09:11:03 pm »
I've never demanded a thing from any of you.

Oh the hell you ain't - You just demanded just now... Had you the power to back it up, we'd all be tarred and feathered... And branded as traitors.

And like I've been posting since the NT majority here washed up on our front porch...I don't give a bleep about your phony principles.  Withholding your votes not only puts all of us at peril, it robs your children and grandchildren of their opportunity to live in a FREE America.

No... EIGHT FRIGGIN TRIIIIIIILLLLLLION DOLLARS in debt, nearly TWENTY TRIIIIIIILLLLLLION DOLLARS in COST puts us in peril. THAT robs our children and grandchildren of their opportunity to live in a free America.

The obvious reality is evident from either side. You claim your guy is freedom and the other guy is oppression... Nevermind the debt. Nevermind the destruction of liberty that YOUR GUY presided over.

What bloody bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 09:11:57 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

Online roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2024, 09:17:55 pm »

Not that slowly... What damn near destroyed us was Tumpy's 'two weeks to flatten the curve'...

Really. Tell me ANYTHING more destructive than that in our lifetime.
Carter's Malaise was a piece of cake by comparison.
The fall of the Towers - Big deal... Big war... but it wasn't on my damn doorstep.

Anything. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2024, 09:18:20 pm »

Doesn't change a word of what Trump said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2024, 09:19:11 pm »

pointing-up :yowsa:  888high58888

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2024, 09:22:14 pm »
Feel free to answer the question @DB

Well, if you really want to know, all 50 States were subject to the federal government threatening to withhold funds from hospitals if doctors prescribed ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine.  And the same for pharmacies filling those prescriptions.

But then you knew that already before offering up that stupid strawman.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2024, 09:44:03 pm »
So....6 pages later on this issue and I have had time to 'rethink' my not voting for Trump, and as of right now, I still intend to vote down ballot.

We'll see how he survives the court battles. 

I truly pray for him because he's been through a lot of stress since he became president, and the left has been relentless in trying to destroy him any which way they can.  Sad.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.