Author Topic: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 15450 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Time to Rethink Your Never Trumpism.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2024, 11:42:29 pm »
So vote for em when they are not even vaguely what you want? When they are diametrically opposed to your principles?  Because that works?

Absolutely not.  I'm totally fine with not voting for either of them.  I certainly won't be. 

All I'm saying is that not voting for someone doesn't "send a message".   I'm not voting for either of them simply because I can't support what either of them stand for.   I just don't expect any future politician to change their approach, etc., simply because some folks didn't vote for Trump.

The non-votes are just one data point that may suggest a different candidate could get more support.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2024, 12:20:21 am »
Absolutely not.  I'm totally fine with not voting for either of them.  I certainly won't be. 

All I'm saying is that not voting for someone doesn't "send a message".   I'm not voting for either of them simply because I can't support what either of them stand for.   I just don't expect any future politician to change their approach, etc., simply because some folks didn't vote for Trump.

The non-votes are just one data point that may suggest a different candidate could get more support.

Well, there's always RFk Jr. *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2024, 12:36:25 am »
Well, there's always RFk Jr. *****rollingeyes*****
I'll either write-in so eone, or just vote down ticket.   Not voting for RFK Jr.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2024, 12:37:46 am »
I'll either write-in so eone, or just vote down ticket.   Not voting for RFK Jr.

I was kidding.  I'll be voting down ballot as well and definitely not voting for RFK. Jr.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2024, 12:38:50 am »

I sorta agree with that - Because the tea-leaf readers will see Tumpy's failure on the Right as a pro-moderate lean, because the narrative is that Tumpy represents Conservatism, and the option therefore, would be to send in the moderates in force after the failure... Figuring to move the needle 'leftward'. But in reality, that false signal begins in the idea that Tumpy represents Conservatives. He does not.

I think the magic happens far to the right of Tumpy, and very much to the right of moderates. The old question still applies: Can the candidate join the legs of the 'three-legged stool' together and ride a Conservative juggernaut? Because without it, the Conservatives do not come together, and fade back into the tossing waves of factional politics.

That has always been the case on the Right. That's when the needle moves. So non-votes are pretty common.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2024, 12:50:57 am »
I sorta agree with that - Because the tea-leaf readers will see Tumpy's failure on the Right as a pro-moderate lean, because the narrative is that Tumpy represents Conservatism, and the option therefore, would be to send in the moderates in force after the failure... Figuring to move the needle 'leftward'. But in reality, that false signal begins in the idea that Tumpy represents Conservatives. He does not.

I think the magic happens far to the right of Tumpy, and very much to the right of moderates. The old question still applies: Can the candidate join the legs of the 'three-legged stool' together and ride a Conservative juggernaut? Because without it, the Conservatives do not come together, and fade back into the tossing waves of factional politics.

That has always been the case on the Right. That's when the needle moves. So non-votes are pretty common.

Personally, I don't see this country coming back from Joe & Co.  They're not done dismantling this country yet.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2024, 01:05:33 am »
Personally, I don't see this country coming back from Joe & Co.  They're not done dismantling this country yet.

In the end, you might be right. That's how communism works - It feeds on productive society and overwhelms it with endless weight from social dysfunction...

But the pendulum swings. And it can change in an instant. I will hold hope. I just won't vest it in any messiah but one.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2024, 01:24:36 am »
Personally, I don't see this country coming back from Joe & Co. 

I do

Why do people believe we are being run by superhuman masterminds?

Let's look at the people currently in charge;

Biden, Granholm, Austin, Kirby, Harris, . We have survived wars, a Civil War, Economic Recessions and Depressions, civil unrests, presidential assassinations

Yet, Biden and his cabinet will be the end of us, somehow
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2024, 01:27:42 am »
  I'll be voting down ballot as well and definitely not voting for RFK. Jr.

Same here

Although someone mentioned writing in Milton Friedman. I might go that route
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2024, 01:35:01 am »
I do

Why do people believe we are being run by superhuman masterminds?

Let's look at the people currently in charge;

Biden, Granholm, Austin, Kirby, Harris, . We have survived wars, a Civil War, Economic Recessions and Depressions, civil unrests, presidential assassinations

Yet, Biden and his cabinet will be the end of us, somehow

We have survived because of better leadership;(even Carter and LBJ) and the liberal/marxist/globalists didn't have a stranglehold on our country.  Biden and his handlers have them beat and I don't believe those you mentioned are running the country.  I believe it is Obama, Soros and other globalists.

We'll know better the fate of our country's future after the U.N. Global Summit is held in September. If they are given emergency powers over us - we are sunk.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2024, 01:36:32 am »
Same here

Although someone mentioned writing in Milton Friedman. I might go that route

It is my understanding if you write in someone who hasn't qualified to be on the ballot -- your ballot is tossed aside.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2024, 01:48:05 am »
Biden and his handlers have them beat and I don't believe those you mentioned are running the country.  I believe it is Obama, Soros and other globalists.

And they're doing such a bang up job

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2024, 01:49:32 am »

* I live in a State that Trump will take easily (Texas)

I live in a state that Biden will take but with a plurality of the popular vote(Wisconsin)

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2024, 01:57:55 am »
I live in a state that Biden will take but with a plurality of the popular vote(Wisconsin)

Gee, one would think that Trump supporters would be bending over backwards trying to get your vote.  But all they do is insult and ridicule.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2024, 02:15:22 am »
Gee, one would think that Trump supporters would be bending over backwards trying to get your vote.  But all they do is insult and ridicule.  Go figure.

There is a narrow window that would make me re think my "No vote" and I've outlined it before but I'm not interested in voting for someone just to "own' the opposition

Who knows. Trump may win and govern in a way that would make Goldwater and Calvin Coolidge proud. But I see no sign of that now.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2024, 03:05:01 am »

That's exactly the point.  There are simply too many possible explanations for why a candidate lost that the motive behind a non-vote can be spun a lot of different ways.  To me, a non-vote is a decision of conscience, not "sending a message".

Also, pure conservatives are never going to be an absolute majority.  The best we can hope for is to be a majority within the Republican caucus so that we can elect a conservative Speaker, and then hopefully hold together the rest of the GOP coalition so that we have a working majority in the House as a whole.

Unfortunately, I think this particular Congress has kind of taken an axe to the concept of respecting generally the leadership of the majority.  So, the chances of holding together a conservative-led coalition in a different Congress have taken a nosedive.   Much more likely that future minority factions within the GOP will refuse to stay with a conservative-led coalition.

Offline banddag

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2024, 04:09:21 am »
It is my understanding if you write in someone who hasn't qualified to be on the ballot -- your ballot is tossed aside.
I am a poll worker. That is 100% true.  Write ins must be on the pre-approved list.  I laugh at the idiots who write in Mickey Mouse or Jesus Christ. You just made your ballot worthless and you have just wasted your time
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 04:11:01 am by banddag »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2024, 04:57:33 am »

Not here in Alabama, they have to a real person that can hold the office... (no Mickey Mouse)....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your candidate isn't listed on the ballot?

If you want to vote for someone who isn't listed on the ballot, you can write his or her name in the blank write-in box on the ballot. Each contest has its own write in box.

You also have to...

For your write-in vote to count, you have to shade in the circle next to the "write-in" box. No mark and you vote won't be counted. The person you vote for must be handwritten (no stickers/stamp) and you must spell the name correctly (abbreviations allowed on first and middle names).

@banddag @libertybele
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:00:13 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2024, 05:39:04 am »
That's exactly the point.  There are simply too many possible explanations for why a candidate lost that the motive behind a non-vote can be spun a lot of different ways.  To me, a non-vote is a decision of conscience, not "sending a message".

To me, it's an unforgivable act which calls for tar and feathering.

Also, pure conservatives are never going to be an absolute majority.  The best we can hope for is to be a majority within the Republican caucus so that we can elect a conservative Speaker, and then hopefully hold together the rest of the GOP coalition so that we have a working majority in the House as a whole.

Unfortunately, I think this particular Congress has kind of taken an axe to the concept of respecting generally the leadership of the majority.  So, the chances of holding together a conservative-led coalition in a different Congress have taken a nosedive.   Much more likely that future minority factions within the GOP will refuse to stay with a conservative-led coalition.

Today's 'principled' Conservatives are Benedict Arnolds to the Republic...Pontius Pilates who think it absolves them of any guilt in the outcome...the further destrucion of our nation.

Who do think George Washington, Samuel Adams or Thomas Jefferson would agree with today...on the present 'battlefield' and current circumstances?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2024, 11:32:58 am »
No candidate is entitled to anyone’s vote. I always believed that candidates need to earn your vote or at the very least,  be aligned with your ideology. Voting for or against a candidate to teach some kind of lesson doesn’t work

Those that favor a more limited federal government and a more sane fiscal and monetary policy are  definitely out of luck this cycle. Because that’s the only way out of this.  And both candidates get an F. Actually, on the economy, Biden is slightly better than Donald Trump. Not that he’s good. He’s just better than Trump

The  outcome isn’t going to  be any different just because somebody votes For Trump versus Biden and vice versa. Because it comes down to the issues and policies. Not an emotional rush of getting one up on your political opponents

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:37:57 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2024, 11:39:51 am »
To me, it's an unforgivable act which calls for tar and feathering.

Today's 'principled' Conservatives are Benedict Arnolds to the Republic...Pontius Pilates who think it absolves them of any guilt in the outcome...the further destrucion of our nation.

Who do think George Washington, Samuel Adams or Thomas Jefferson would agree with today...on the present 'battlefield' and current circumstances?

Perhaps we see you as a Benedict Arnold to the Republic. You’re supporting a candidate who helped finance the campaigns of many people who helped bring this country to the shape its  in today.

But like I said upthread, there is a possibility I could change my no vote. But that’s up to Trump himself. His sycophants don’t have any right to demand votes for him
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:44:36 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2024, 12:48:37 pm »
Perhaps we see you as a Benedict Arnold to the Republic. You’re supporting a candidate who helped finance the campaigns of many people who helped bring this country to the shape its  in today.

But like I said upthread, there is a possibility I could change my no vote. But that’s up to Trump himself. His sycophants don’t have any right to demand votes for him

I've never demanded a thing from any of you.

And like I've been posting since the NT majority here washed up on our front porch...I don't give a bleep about your phony principles.  Withholding your votes not only puts all of us at peril, it robs your children and grandchildren of their opportunity to live in a FREE America.

You're all selfish egotists who ultimately stand for nothing...given the OBVIOUS reality unfolding before all of us on a daily basis.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2024, 12:50:30 pm »
You're all selfish egotists who ultimately stand for nothing...given the OBVIOUS reality unfolding before all of us on a daily basis.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2024, 01:33:54 pm »

lol

Quite a campaign slogan. “Trump 2024. To Hell with Principles”

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2024, 03:15:32 pm »
Also, pure conservatives are never going to be an absolute majority.

You can lead people to Economics School, but you can't make them learn.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-