Author Topic: COMMENTARY Government RegulationEPA’s Tailpipe Emissions Rule Rides Roughshod Over Our Freedoms  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

COMMENTARY Government RegulationEPA’s Tailpipe Emissions Rule Rides Roughshod Over Our Freedoms
Apr 2, 2024 
Commentary By

Miles Pollard
Policy Analyst, Center for Energy, Climate, and Environment

Laura Gorceac
Spring 2024 Member of the Young Leaders Program at The Heritage Foundation

Commentary By
Miles Pollard
Policy Analyst, Center for Energy, Climate, and Environment

Laura Gorceac
Spring 2024 Member of the Young Leaders Program at The Heritage Foundation

Polls show that most Americans prefer gasoline-powered vehicles to electric ones. But the Environmental Protection Agency doesn’t care what they think.

The EPA‘s latest tailpipe emissions rule will force automakers to shift production from gasoline-powered vehicles and hybrids to electric vehicles.

Even if these emissions standards were enforced, coal and natural gas still make up 60% of the power grid, so electricity for these vehicles is not emissions-free.

The U.S. electric grid cannot support EVs in quantities mandated by the EPA. This executive branch overreach should be opposed.

Polls show that most Americans prefer gasoline-powered vehicles to electric ones. But the Environmental Protection Agency doesn’t care what they think.

The EPA‘s latest tailpipe emissions rule will force automakers to shift production from gasoline-powered vehicles and hybrids to electric vehicles. It completely disregards consumer preferences, the inherent limitations of EVs, and the nation’s paltry charging infrastructure.

https://www.heritage.org/government-regulation/commentary/epas-tailpipe-emissions-rule-rides-roughshod-over-our-freedoms
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson