Author Topic: D.C. Cherry Blossoms Aren’t Safe Around Climate Activists! National Park System to cut down 158 cher  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
D.C. Cherry Blossoms Aren’t Safe Around Climate Activists! National Park System to cut down 158 cherry trees to make room for a seawall so D.C. can ‘withstand about 100 years of future sea level rise’
By Marc Morano
April 10, 2024
11:06 am
https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/08/d-c-cherry-blossoms-arent-safe-around-climate-activists-and-neither-are-we/

BY: NATHAN STONE

The National Park Service — the organization supposedly missioned to preserve “unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations”– will, after the 2024 National Cherry Blossom Festival, cut down 300 trees in Washington, D.C., 158 of which will be cherry trees. Their reason? To “fight” “climate change” — the 300 will be disposed of to make room for a reconstructed seawall around the Tidal Basin and Potomac River so D.C. can “withstand about 100 years of future sea level rise.”

At this point, climate change is like the dishrag punchline of a washed-up comedian — predictable and disappointing. As the bit goes, climate change is exacerbated by CO2 and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere — except that CO2 levels today are the same as they were 3 million years ago. The oceans are going to cataclysmically rise — except that in the last 122 years, the oceans have risen a grand total of eight inches with, at this rate, another 1,800 years before they reach apocalyptic levels. This must be why climate change activists like the Obamas and Neil DeGrasse Tyson keep buying beachfront properties.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/04/10/d-c-cherry-blossoms-arent-safe-around-climate-activists-national-park-system-to-cut-down-158-cherry-trees-to-make-room-a-seawall-so-d-c-can-withstand-about-100-years-of-future-sea-level/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But, but Nazi Pelosi has previously said walls don't work to keep unwanted things out. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson