General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.

<< < (2/17) > >>

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on April 09, 2024, 07:53:21 pm ---(Lesbian, EV-driving, Wordle-playing, tote bag–carrying coastal elite) bitch please!

Your premise is flawed. the so-called "rise" happened way way before the Trumpster got elected.  NPR has been advocating destructive idea's for over 30 years at least.

--- End quote ---

888high58888 pointing-up

Fishrrman:
"NPR":
Nothing but
Partisan
Rhetoric

PeteS in CA:
The article author has been at NPR ~25 years, so he does have in insider's view. I think, though that he does not realize that he is citing, to borrow an economics term, "lagging indicators". The audience shift is a consequence of  - i.e. follows - shifts and changes in NPR content. This, similarly, is a "lagging indicator" phenomenon.

--- Quote ---Like many unfortunate things, the rise of advocacy took off with Donald Trump. As in many newsrooms, his election in 2016 was greeted at NPR with a mixture of disbelief, anger, and despair. (Just to note, I eagerly voted against Trump twice but felt we were obliged to cover him fairly.) But what began as tough, straightforward coverage of a belligerent, truth-impaired president veered toward efforts to damage or topple Trump’s presidency.

Persistent rumors that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia over the election became the catnip that drove reporting. At NPR, we hitched our wagon to Trump’s most visible antagonist, Representative Adam Schiff.
--- End quote ---

Trump did not cause the hysterical shift into partisanship at NPR. The 2016 shift was because NPR "reporters" and other staff were already extremely partisan - that is the significance of "his election in 2016 was greeted at NPR with a mixture of disbelief, anger, and despair," "I eagerly voted against Trump", and "truth-impaired president" - but they had not previously incorporated the full depth of their partisanship into what they broadcast and published online. Actual fairness and objectivity left NPR's building in the 1970s, if those qualities ever even entered it.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on April 09, 2024, 08:18:25 pm ---I'd bet the Authoress will vote Biden this year.  This is CYA bullshit.

--- End quote ---

Yeah...

But, admission is admission. That's a something.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on April 09, 2024, 11:50:08 pm ---Yeah...

But, admission is admission. That's a something.

--- End quote ---

Admonishment would be better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version