General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.

(1/17) > >>

mountaineer:
I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.
Uri Berliner, a veteran at the public radio institution, says the network lost its way when it started telling listeners how to think.
By Uri Berliner
April 9, 2024
--- Quote ---You know the stereotype of the NPR listener: an EV-driving, Wordle-playing, tote bag–carrying coastal elite. It doesn’t precisely describe me, but it’s not far off. I’m Sarah Lawrence–educated, was raised by a lesbian peace activist mother, I drive a Subaru, and Spotify says my listening habits are most similar to people in Berkeley. ...

So when I got a job here 25 years ago, I never looked back. As a senior editor on the business desk where news is always breaking, we’ve covered upheavals in the workplace, supermarket prices, social media, and AI.

It’s true NPR has always had a liberal bent, but during most of my tenure here, an open-minded, curious culture prevailed. We were nerdy, but not knee-jerk, activist, or scolding.  ...

Like many unfortunate things, the rise of advocacy took off with Donald Trump. As in many newsrooms, his election in 2016 was greeted at NPR with a mixture of disbelief, anger, and despair. (Just to note, I eagerly voted against Trump twice but felt we were obliged to cover him fairly.) But what began as tough, straightforward coverage of a belligerent, truth-impaired president veered toward efforts to damage or topple Trump’s presidency.  ...

In recent years, however, that has changed. Today, those who listen to NPR or read its coverage online find something different: the distilled worldview of a very small segment of the U.S. population.  ...
--- End quote ---
Read entire article at The Free Press

Wingnut:

--- Quote ---Like many unfortunate things, the rise of advocacy took off with Donald Trump.
--- End quote ---

(Lesbian, EV-driving, Wordle-playing, tote bag–carrying coastal elite) bitch please!

Your premise is flawed. the so-called "rise" happened way way before the Trumpster got elected.  NPR has been advocating destructive idea's for over 30 years at least. 

mountaineer:
This will come as a surprise to absolutely no one:
--- Quote ---Senior Editor: NPR Employs 87 Democrats in Editorial Positions, 0 Republicans in DC Newsroom
By Wendell Husebø
9 Apr 2024
Breitbart

Far-left National Public Radio (NPR) employs 87 registered Democrats in editorial positions but zero Republicans in the same positions in its Washington, DC, headquarters, NPR Senior Editor Uri Berliner wrote Tuesday.

Berliner, who admittedly leans left, wrote a scathing article about NPR’s illiberal newsroom, slamming the taxpayer-funded network for refusing to address “a diversity problem” within the office.

In an article published in the Free Press, Berliner said he opposed many of the left-wing and perhaps false narratives NPR spun about the coronavirus “lab leak theory,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, Hunter Biden’s laptop, former President Donald Trump, and the 2016 Russia hoax. ...

Taxpayer funds subsidized NPR’s budget by nearly 11 percent. ...
--- End quote ---

Timber Rattler:
More here:

All (Approved) Things Considered: How We Lost Our Way at NPR

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2024/04/09/all-approved-things-considered-how-we-lost-our-way-at-npr-n3786167

Cyber Liberty:
I'd bet the Authoress will vote Biden this year.  This is CYA bullshit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version