Author Topic: Global glut in solar panels so bad, people are using them for garden fences, just as Australia looks  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Global glut in solar panels so bad, people are using them for garden fences, just as Australia looks to jump in
By Jo Nova

There is such a glut in solar panels, the Financial Times reported that people in Germany and the Netherlands are using them as cheap garden fencing, even though the angle is not good for catching the sun. Though given that there is also a glut of solar power at lunchtime this is probably a “good” thing.

Great time for the Australian Government to spend a billion dollars setting up a giant solar panel production industry, eh?

With exquisite timing the Australian Labor government has just announced a Solar Sunshot for Our Regions. It our Prime Ministers ambition for us to be a “Renewable Energy Superpower” twenty years too late. One third of homes in Australia already have solar panels, but only 1% were made here. The NSW State government will also lob $275 million to support the embryonic industry and workers, most of whom will presumably be door knocking to give away the panels with lamingtons. After we finish building garden fences, we might be using them to build sheds and cubby houses.

https://joannenova.com.au/2024/04/global-glut-in-solar-panels-so-bad-people-are-using-them-for-garden-fences/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=global-glut-in-solar-panels-so-bad-people-are-using-them-for-garden-fences
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson