Author Topic: Spain: Cold Weather and Easter Traffic Reveal Frailty of Electric Vehicle Dream  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Spain: Cold Weather and Easter Traffic Reveal Frailty of Electric Vehicle Dream
APRIL 8, 2024
tags: Electric Cars
By Paul Homewood

h/t Dennis Ambler

From The European Conservative:

In Spain, long lines at electric car charging stations over the holiday travel weekend showed what can be expected from a future filled with electric cars.

Easter weekend is a peak travel time in Spain, with beach hotels fully booked and summer homes enjoyed by city-dwellers taking refuge in rural villages. El Debate reports that this year saw huge lines at the country’s main electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. Waiting in line for as long as two hours just to plug in EVs was just the prelude to even more time spent charging them.

While the newspaper coverage is anecdotal, it reveals key weaknesses in the EV infrastructure and problems that could quickly become more common.

Currently, Spain has a mere 200,000 totally electric cars on the road—most of them Teslas—in a country with some 25 million registered cars. Normally, EV drivers have no more problems than drivers of gasoline powered cars when refueling. They simply pull into a charging station and can immediately plug into a charger. But problems do arise under specific conditions.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/04/08/spain-cold-weather-and-easter-traffic-reveal-frailty-of-electric-vehicle-dream/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson