Author Topic: AI, EVs, EPA, and ESG will only ration energy, hinder nation  (Read 592 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AI, EVs, EPA, and ESG will only ration energy, hinder nation
« on: April 06, 2024, 09:42:14 am »

AI, EVs, EPA, and ESG will only ration energy, hinder nation
By
Larry Bell
|
April 4th, 2024

Surprise!

It appears that technological developments and federal government programs that were touted to make our lives more efficient, address energy needs, and finally save the planet from the ravages of climate change aren’t working out quite as promoted.

Some of them, in fact, are making almost everything worse – a looming energy shortage that portends leaving domestic and commercial consumers literally in the dark.

Expect the use of artificial intelligence (AI) by power-hungry government agencies to centrally monitor and control more and more aspects of our daily lives with an ant farm economy while also imposing huge additional power demands.

Be prepared to have millions of EPA-mandated electric vehicles (EVs) and tens of thousands of federally subsidized recharging stations added to ancient distribution grids never designed for such loads.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/04/04/ai-evs-epa-and-esg-will-only-ration-energy-hinder-nation/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ai-evs-epa-and-esg-will-only-ration-energy-hinder-nation&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ai-evs-epa-and-esg-will-only-ration-energy-hinder-nation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: AI, EVs, EPA, and ESG will only ration energy, hinder nation
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 09:51:53 pm »
Their goal:

Offline banddag

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 11:00:26 pm »
EV's will eventually take over. If you have ever driven one you will know why. Like using a battery powered drill versus a plug in drill with a 50 ft extension cord.
My BIL is VP at a major defense contractor currently building EV's for the military. Battery technology is improving so fast their engineers cannot keep up.
The days of 2-3 minute charging times will soon be here. He just came back from the largest military trade show in the world in Qatar. Every major defense contractor from around the world are building EV's because they have too many advantages over diesel or gas. He cannot tell me what they are working on but said it is Star Trek in level in technology.

Toyota is coming out with a new lineup of EV's in 2026. 10 minute charging time, 550 mile range and solid state batteries so no fires and priced in the mid $30's.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 11:05:40 pm by banddag »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 12:15:45 am »
@banddag

Very interesting....welcome to TBR!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 02:20:47 am »
EV's will eventually take over. If you have ever driven one you will know why. Like using a battery powered drill versus a plug in drill with a 50 ft extension cord.
My BIL is VP at a major defense contractor currently building EV's for the military. Battery technology is improving so fast their engineers cannot keep up.
The days of 2-3 minute charging times will soon be here. He just came back from the largest military trade show in the world in Qatar. Every major defense contractor from around the world are building EV's because they have too many advantages over diesel or gas. He cannot tell me what they are working on but said it is Star Trek in level in technology.

Toyota is coming out with a new lineup of EV's in 2026. 10 minute charging time, 550 mile range and solid state batteries so no fires and priced in the mid $30's.

Not anywhere there are hills and below zero temperatures, they're not... And neither are battery tools in the deep freeze, btw.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 03:35:58 am »
Not anywhere there are hills and below zero temperatures, they're not... And neither are battery tools in the deep freeze, btw.
Still gotta have that lectricty stuff and a transmission system capable of supplying it...if we had it.