Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>It's Coming! April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse: Here's what you need to know -Smarter E  (Read 3770 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
it was beautiful until the clouds came.

hopefully my photo will be up soon .

I am having difficulty getting the photo from my phone....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Nothing. Go back to bed.

@massadvj

Thanks for that clarification.   *****rollingeyes*****

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I am having difficulty getting the photo from my phone....

poop. let me try to put it here .
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I saw it and it was something. Too many clouds to actually see the sun. The clouds split for a minute, I saw it at the beginning and that counts. I saw the moon encroaching on the sun slowly. I saw the beginning. Then the clouds came and I drank another beer.

What was fun was all the people. All the neighbors out staring at the sky, which was nothing but clouds. But then, it happened. Everything went dark. It was nightfall, in the middle of the day. Even though we could not see the sun, we could see the dark.

Overall 7 of 10. It was worth it to experience a once in a lifetime gig. Equally worth it to be a part of the community. All of us together. All of us staring at the sun all together, amazed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
What to Do with Your Solar Eclipse Glasses After the Eclipse

More than 31 million people who live in the roughly 115-mile wide path of totality, and millions more who traveled to the U.S. to see Monday’s total solar eclipse, will all be gazing at the sun wearing the same thing: solar eclipse glasses.

The highly-coveted item is important for eye safety, especially for those who live outside of the zone of totality and can only see a partial eclipse. But after the eclipse is done, people should be sure to dispose of their eclipse-viewing lenses properly.

Because most eclipse glasses are made out of cardboard, the arms of the glasses can be recycled so long as the lenses are thrown out, according to the University of Rochester.

Eclipse lovers can also choose to donate their glasses. Astronomers Without Borders will be collecting gently-used eclipse glasses from the U.S. and Canada. The campaign, which has been running since 2008, redistributes glasses to people in other countries for upcoming eclipses. Of the millions that were donated during the 2017 total solar eclipse that also crossed through the U.S. only tens of thousands were usable. Thanks to a partnership with Astronomers Without Borders, glasses can be dropped off at all Warby Parker locations across the country for recycling.

https://time.com/6964871/solar-eclipse-glasses-donate-2024/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I saw it and it was something. Too many clouds to actually see the sun. The clouds split for a minute, I saw it at the beginning and that counts. I saw the moon encroaching on the sun slowly. I saw the beginning. Then the clouds came and I drank another beer.

What was fun was all the people. All the neighbors out staring at the sky, which was nothing but clouds. But then, it happened. Everything went dark. It was nightfall, in the middle of the day. Even though we could not see the sun, we could see the dark.

Overall 7 of 10. It was worth it to experience a once in a lifetime gig. Equally worth it to be a part of the community. All of us together. All of us staring at the sun all together, amazed.

:beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

@240B

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so glad you were able to be in the totality zone. I was fine with my 91% totality -- until I watched on TV as it went totally dark. I heard the gasps and cheers from the crowd, and all of a sudden, my experience wasn't as satisfactory as before. I've waited 7 years for this event and expected to view it from the totality zone. Circumstances (dog's health, traveling friend bailed) caused me to have to settle for 91%. I prolly won't be around for the next one, and if I am, I'll be too old to travel. In spite of my disappointment, I'm comforted by this event, being reminded of the awesome magnificence of our Creator.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
We are too far out of the path. Got a small break in the clouds to see it with regular sunglasses. Only about 30%..

I watched for an hour here in Alvin.  The clouds opened every few minutes and the view was excellent.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
LOL!  I remember a black & white Western TV show when I was a young boy...

The Indians captured the wagon train and were about light the fire to burn some tied-up settlers at the stake, when all of a sudden, Ward Bond...or maybe it was The Lone Ranger convinced the savages that he would make the sun disappear.

Scared the crap out of Cochise or Sitting Bull...whatever...and the Indians got on their knees to beg forgiveness.

:silly:

PS:  May have embellished a bit...you know, for dramatic license!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
It was clear here, but just up to about max coverage (70-80% here), then the thin clouds rolled in.... Wife went with kid for field trip to where it was another 5-10% coverage, but it was cloudy there and disappointing. I saw more from my garden (I was tilling the wife a small 15' X 50' patch for her tomatoes/strawberries/etc). I used a welding goggle from the shed. Couple of glances was all that interested me.

Good news is my back is 80% better than last couple of weeks. So me and the eclipse were in sync.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:39:46 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Cloudy here, but there were just enough breaks in the sun at just the right time. Call it a miracle, call it what you will.

https://twitter.com/fullerwx/status/1777422310443532313
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Cloudy here, but there were just enough breaks in the sun at just the right time. Call it a miracle, call it what you will.

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Very cool!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

I'd post my brilliant eclipse photos... Except we didn't even know it was going on up in here.

You guys have all the fun.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Perfectly clear skies, pruning my parents 🍎 trees and thinking why is it so weird looking out here? Then I remembered 'Eclipse!'. Mom has accumulated many pairs of sunglasses so we stacked 4 of them on top of we each other like the hillbilly stock we are and it worked perfect. We were about 75%.
The Republic is lost.