Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>It's Coming! April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse: Here's what you need to know -Smarter E  (Read 3764 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'd post my brilliant eclipse photos... Except we didn't even know it was going on up in here.

Yeah...because you're still perplexed about indoor plumbing.    :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Yeah...because you're still perplexed about indoor plumbing.    :tongue2:

Nope. Just don't see the need.  :shrug: :tongue2:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I spent the day with my sister who lives in Texas, right in the path. It was cloudy, but we were able to experience the eclipse. Like I told a friend, it was most enjoyable because I was with family. We all stood in awe of the mighty Creator who orchestrates the very heavens. Makes it all move with perfect timing. Amazing!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
On August 23, 2044, however, another will sweep across Montana and North Dakota - Americans will not see another solar eclipse like the one on Monday until 2045.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
On August 23, 2044, however, another will sweep across Montana and North Dakota - Americans will not see another solar eclipse like the one on Monday until 2045.

I am going out on a limb here because I don;t have a clue how old anyone is here.

but may we all be happy and healthy and able to see this next one.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am going out on a limb here because I don;t have a clue how old anyone is here.

but may we all be happy and healthy and able to see this next one.

Can't Wait! I'll only be 96 by then!

Thank you @Gefn
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Animals at Dallas Zoo Screech, Run for Cover During Solar Eclipse

Paul Bois 8 Apr 2024

Animals at a Dallas zoo reportedly went berserk on Monday due to the total solar eclipse, with some running for cover while shrieking as the sky went dark.

“At the Dallas Zoo, giraffes, zebras and ostriches shrieked, squawked and ran for cover as the clouds grew darker,” the Daily Mail reported.

https://twitter.com/WOWT6News/status/1777436313546784905

“We never know how our animals are going to react because they are wild,” said Ann Knutson, a zoological manager of birds at the Dallas Zoo, told the Dallas Morning News.

As the sky went dark, gorillas and giraffes were seen running to their indoor habitats while birds headed to their evening nests and suddenly “grew quiet.” Zebras and ostriches huddled among themselves.

“Thousands of people flocked to the zoo on Monday, eager to experience the total solar eclipse at the home of more than 2,000 animals, or 400 species,” reported the Dallas Morning News.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/2024/04/08/report-animals-dallas-zoo-screech-run-solar-eclipse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“At the Dallas Zoo, giraffes, zebras and ostriches shrieked, squawked and ran for cover as the clouds grew darker,” the Daily Mail reported.

Just like our congress on a typical day.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Can't Wait! I'll only be 96 by then!

Thank you @Gefn

I'd be 84... And I doubt very much that I'll make it that far.  happy77

Online mountaineer

It didn't get that dark here - kind of like dusk, at most.
I was just at the library and a cute little girl asked the clerk, "Did you see the EE-clipse?" (with emphasis on the first syllable).
"Yes," he said, "I saw the EE-clipse." He added that he looked kind of silly, because instead of the special glasses, he wore a welder's helmet.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org