Author Topic: breaking -Earthquake hits NY/NJ today  (Read 1818 times)

Online libertybele

Re: breaking -Earthquake hits NY/NJ today
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2024, 12:48:48 am »
If New York city had a 6.5 earthquake, much of the older parts of town would be leveled.

You know this how?? Link please.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2024, 04:00:45 am »

Don't need a link. The east coast is primarily brick and mortar. A 6.5 would utterly destroy that.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2024, 06:40:15 am »

We here in Bama got about the same as NY did (4.9) ... It tore my brick chimney apart.... We are not equipped to take earthquakes. @libertybele

Here is the thread about it from 2003. We were smack dab in the center pretty much. Wife was changing the baby.... she hollered for me to wake up.... I roughly told her to "HUSH", that a "tree had fell on the house". I was wrong.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/902263/posts?q=1&;page=1
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 06:46:36 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2024, 06:45:21 am »
Seems like we just had an aftershock as I post this 6.00pm.

Around 10.25am this morning, heard a rumbling outside. Then the house actually started rattling a bit. Lasted for maybe 15-20 seconds or so, not sure.

This is two states to the east of New Jersey along the eastern NY state line.

At first, I thought it might be something wrong with the water or heat system.
Then I realized what it actually was. In seven plus decades, I don't remember ever having experienced an actual earthquake.

The cat got pretty nervous!

@Fishrrman One was all I wanted... scared the snot out of us. The whole town went out in their PJs and stood outside until we figured out what was going on. Every car alarm in town was going off... it was wild.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....