Author Topic: BREAKING..Biden demands Netanyahu accept ‘immediate ceasefire’ after humanitarian workers killed  (Read 3828 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I can demand that the store accept my wooden nickel, but, that doesn't mean it will happen.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Celebrity Chef José Andrés Is An Anti-Israel Dupe
Israel does not target aid workers, engage in genocide, or cause famine. It fights Hamas.
By: David Harsanyi
April 04, 2024
Seven aid workers at the World Central Kitchen mission in Gaza were tragically killed this week in an Israeli attack while delivering trivial amounts of food, bolstering imaginary accusations of “famine” and “genocide.” The man who sent them into a war zone, celebrity chef José Andrés, now contends the workers were “targeted deliberately” and “systematically killed” by Israel. The war in Gaza, he says, is “not a war against terrorism anymore” but a “war against humanity itself.”

One might forgive Andrés, who is likely racked with guilt, for spreading this slander. But there isn’t, of course, a scintilla of evidence to back up the accusation.

Israel has absolutely no logical, tactical, or military reason to target aid workers. For ethical reasons, Israel does not target innocent civilians, nor would it want to hand Jew-haters and anti-Israel activists more fodder. Israel is a liberal democracy with civilian oversight of the military, where investigations into military misconduct regularly occur, and the guilty are punished.

Whatever mistakes it makes, Israel fights to preserve life. It does more to protect civilians than perhaps any military, despite its enemy intentionally putting civilians in harm’s way.

And the best way to protect Palestinians and Jews is to destroy Hamas. Recall, though, that Andrés called for a “ceasefire” only a week after the mass murder, rape, and kidnapping of more than 1,000 Israeli civilians — before Gaza had even invaded. “Ceasefire,” obviously, is a euphemism for Israel’s capitulation. That is what Andrés demanded. ...
https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/04/celebrity-chef-jose-andres-is-an-anti-israel-dupe/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

Celebrity Chef José Andrés Is An Anti-Israel Dupe
Israel does not target aid workers, engage in genocide, or cause famine. It fights Hamas.
By: David Harsanyi

Whatever mistakes it makes, Israel fights to preserve life.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/04/celebrity-chef-jose-andres-is-an-anti-israel-dupe/

The evidence doesn't support this and more and more of the West is not buying it.   Israel might want to consider the wisdom of moving past this chapter or at least coming up with a more effective talking point.

Online libertybele

The evidence doesn't support this and more and more of the West is not buying it.   Israel might want to consider the wisdom of moving past this chapter or at least coming up with a more effective talking point.

So Israel should forget the attacks Hamas made on Oct. 7 along with the brutal rapes, torture, murders and beheading of infants on their citizens?

Though doubtful that they are alive, what about the hostages???

I side with Israel and Israel WILL remain standing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

So Israel should forget the attacks Hamas made on Oct. 7

Of course not @libertybele    But,  Israel should extricate itself from what the world is viewing as a killing spree.  Israel should finish this with its neighbors by developing a "day after" plan --- while Israel still enjoys a whit of good will.

The reality is:  Israel is not going to kill off Hamas--- all Israel is doing now is spawning them in every nation encircling their own.

And, Israel cannot erase the shocking humiliation of Oct 7.  Their strength must now be rebuilt on alliances not based on Israel fighting or threatening war, --- but on peacetime associations yielding shared benefits.

Hopefully, the State of Israel will begin to move beyond the Holocaust as its raison d'être. 

Online mountaineer

When Joe Biden's guys take out an Afghan family -- 10 dead, 7 of them kids -- that's a "terrible mistake" according to the Pentagon, and no big deal. When the Israelis kill 7 aid workers, that's a world-changing event for Joe Biden.

https://twitter.com/20committee/status/1776234959641903307

Online libertybele

Of course not @libertybele    But,  Israel should extricate itself from what the world is viewing as a killing spree.  Israel should finish this with its neighbors by developing a "day after" plan --- while Israel still enjoys a whit of good will.

The reality is:  Israel is not going to kill off Hamas--- all Israel is doing now is spawning them in every nation encircling their own.

And, Israel cannot erase the shocking humiliation of Oct 7.  Their strength must now be rebuilt on alliances not based on Israel fighting or threatening war, --- but on peacetime associations yielding shared benefits.

Hopefully, the State of Israel will begin to move beyond the Holocaust as its raison d'être.

Hopefully Israel will continue it's retribution swiftly and strongly.  I wouldn't dismiss their resolve nor their power.  They don't need a reason to continue or explain why they are still seeking retribution for what was done to them just months ago.  It is not the decision of the U.S.

I stand with Israel.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Is Hamas still launching missiles at Israeli civilians?

Checkmate.... Screw Joe Biden and his minions. Tell aid workers to get the heck out of dodge, they only want to be shields to terrorists.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 10:51:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

Wow.  Just wow.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Checkmate.... Screw Joe Biden and his minions. Tell aid workers to get the heck out of dodge, they only want to be shields to terrorists.

Unconditional surrender.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wow.  Just wow.

No "wow" about it ----- Israel should move beyond the Holocaust as its reason for existing.  What confuses you about this?

Online Hoodat

No "wow" about it ----- Israel should move beyond the Holocaust as its reason for existing.  What confuses you about this?

The Holocaust has never been Israel's reason for existing.  I can't fathom the amount of bigotry it took to come up with that lie.

So Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac.  Then God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, “Jacob, Jacob!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

So He said, “I am God, the God of your father; do not fear to go down to Egypt, for I will make of you a great nation there.  I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also surely bring you up again

Genesis 46:1-4

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Holocaust has never been Israel's reason for existing.  I can't fathom the amount of bigotry it took to come up with that lie.

So Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac.  Then God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, “Jacob, Jacob!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

So He said, “I am God, the God of your father; do not fear to go down to Egypt, for I will make of you a great nation there.  I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also surely bring you up again

Genesis 46:1-4

Your biblical references aside, as most members know, @Right_in_Virginia and myself wholeheartedly disagree when it comes to the topic of Israel.

Just as there would not be a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Transportation Security Administration (TSA) if not for Sept 11th 2001, it is a fact  that if not for the World War II Holocaust, the United Nations would not have voted to create the modern State of Israel in May, 1948.

Immediately Egypt, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon declared war on Israel.

Just as George W. Bush declared "Never Again" in 2001, so too did David Ben Gurion in 1948.

Personally, I don't have a problem with that reasoning.  IMO, after Oct 7th, 2023...Israel should bulldoze the entire Gaza Strip into the Mediterranean Sea.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

Your biblical references aside, as most members know, @Right_in_Virginia and myself wholeheartedly disagree when it comes to the topic of Israel.

Just as there would not be a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Transportation Security Administration (TSA) if not for Sept 11th 2001, it is a fact  that if not for the World War II Holocaust, the United Nations would not have voted to create the modern State of Israel in May, 1948.

Immediately Egypt, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon declared war on Israel.

Just as George W. Bush declared "Never Again" in 2001, so too did David Ben Gurion in 1948.

Personally, I don't have a problem with that reasoning.  IMO, after Oct 7th, 2023...Israel should bulldoze the entire Gaza Strip into the Mediterranean Sea.

:yowsa:

Online Right_in_Virginia

@DCPatriot   This is what Ben Gurion meant by "Never Again":

"Never Again" would the Jewish people be voiceless, (they were given a seat at the global table to negotiate while sitting under the wing of the world's superpower),.  "Never Again" would the Jewish people be defenseless, (they became masters of their own nuclear arsenal against all international regulations, and receipient of weapons from across Western civilization and would cross established borders, at will,  to destroy whatever deemed threatening to the State of Israel).  "Never Again" would the Jewish people be without a safe haven (jury is still out).

A David v Goliath story ---- except David is now Goliath.  This is a very big problem for Israel.  It's why David Ben Gurion wanted Israel to return the land taken in 1967.  Keeping it is not a battle of "Never Again" ---- but a battle over territory that will cost Israel its true peace, prosperity and security.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot   This is what Ben Gurion meant by "Never Again":

"Never Again" would the Jewish people be voiceless, (they were given a seat at the global table to negotiate while sitting under the wing of the world's superpower),.  "Never Again" would the Jewish people be defenseless, (they became masters of their own nuclear arsenal against all international regulations, and receipient of weapons from across Western civilization and would cross established borders, at will,  to destroy whatever deemed threatening to the State of Israel).  "Never Again" would the Jewish people be without a safe haven (jury is still out).

A David v Goliath story ---- except David is now Goliath.  This is a very big problem for Israel.  It's why David Ben Gurion wanted Israel to return the land taken in 1967.  Keeping it is not a battle of "Never Again" ---- but a battle over territory that will cost Israel its true peace, prosperity and security.

@Right_in_Virginia

"Never Again"!!  Words mean something.

Israel will NEVER allow their citizens to be hunted...rounded up...and murdered ever again!

Bibi Netanyahu should be commended and revered for his love of Israel.  For some reason, you can't stand the man.  I don't get it.   :shrug:

To me, he's a modern Hero who walks the walk and keeps his promises.  He's not infallible but then the current Pope surely isn't either.  Neither is our common 'Hero', President Trump.

He's wasn't sufficiently experienced in how Washington D.C. works.  He took advice from people who wanted him to fail politically.  He took recommendations for specific positions and got screwed multiple times.

But you and I still know he's the best man to lead this nation right now.

Bibi dropped the ball and bears the brunt of the failure of Oct 7th for the same stupid reason President Trump is ultimately responsible for not vetoing the insane Covid Stimuli checks to every taxpayer in America.

"The Buck Stops Here" despite the fact not a single politician out there would have done anything differently....not even Rand Paul.

Personally, I think the American People are going to forced to 'swallow' a ton of Castor Oil to get out of the inflationary mess...as did Ronald Reagan with astronomically high mortgage rates during his Administration.

Jesus H. Christ Himself has no shortcut to prosperity...especially going in as a Lame Duck...one term POTUS.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

A David v Goliath story ---- except David is now Goliath.

No, Israel is still David.  Except now, David has an army.  Goliath is dead.  But his relatives won't accept it.

This is a very big problem for Israel.

Jew hatred is a very big problem for Israel.  The fact that they have a strong army is not.

It's why David Ben Gurion wanted Israel to return the land taken in 1967.

Yeah, right.  Would this be the same David Ben-Gurion who pushed hard for Israeli settlements in the West Bank after the '67 war?  You really don't know what you are talking about here.  And did you ever stop to think who Israel would return the land to?  Before the '67 war, the West Bank belonged to Jordan.  They annexed it 17 years prior.  As for Gaza, it had been under Egyptian control for 19 years.

So what would that have yielded, @Right_in_Virginia ?  Let's say Israel had pulled out of the West Bank and Gaza again, just as they had done after the '48 war and the '56 war?  Then what?  Peace in our time?

If you're going to make wild claims about what Ben-Gurion said, you should do yourself a favor and fact-check them first instead of blindly posting the first thing that pops up in your head.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Bibi Netanyahu should be commended and revered for his love of Israel.  .  .

To me, he's a modern Hero who walks the walk and keeps his promises.

Amen!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

"Never Again"!!  Words mean something.

Israel will NEVER allow their citizens to be hunted...rounded up...and murdered ever again!

The Jewish citizens in 1930s Germany were innocent individuals @DCPatriot   The State of Israel in the 21st Century is quite different.

57 years of control, occupation, political games extinguishes hope and ignites rebellion.  Hell, our tipping point was a tax on tea  ---- 

Bibi Netanyahu should be commended and revered for his love of Israel.  For some reason, you can't stand the man.  I don't get it.   :shrug:

I know his history well, and his goals.  I washed my hands of Netanyahu in 2014.   Oct 7 proved that was the right decision.

I'm sorry if I've upset you, David.  Hope you sleep well.   happy77

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 04:35:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

I'm sorry if I've upset you, David.  Hope you sleep well.   happy77

@Right_in_Virginia

You don't upset me!  You're my most favorite person on this entire damned internet!   :beer:

Online mountaineer

Israel Is Risking Losing This War by Caring What People Who Hate It Think
Kurt Schlichter
Apr 08, 2024
Israel is risking losing this war because it is focusing more on avoiding criticism from its enemies than winning. I blame Benjamin Netanyahu in large part, but also our incompetent and loathsome alleged president.

Now, I’m not one of those reflexive Bibi haters, and while I certainly don’t think the United States should have a say in who Israel chooses to lead it, I do believe in accountability. The disaster of October 7 happened on his watch, and he should’ve resigned the day after, but that’s not up to me or up to any American. What is up to me as an American is who our president will be next year, and it can’t be Biden again. But the desiccated old zombie aside, Bibi needs to go. He screwed up on October 7, and now he appears to be screwing up this war.

The problem is not that Netanyahu has been too harsh, as our idiot president claims. It’s that Netanyahu has been too gentle (Yes, I understand a war cabinet is leading Israel, but he is still the face of it.). And too slow. Joe Biden has betrayed every ally America has had, from South Vietnam to Afghanistan and Bibi somehow imagined that creep would not sell-out Israel? Speed was of the essence. Why was Rafah not glass months ago? Netanyahu waited, and that gave Biden the time to sell out Israel.

Restraining was a mistake.  ...
Townhall

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Israel Is Risking Losing This War by Caring What People Who Hate It Think
Kurt Schlichter
Apr 08, 2024Townhall

The essence of what he stated is correct.  But I’d caution that this is common fare for all-too-civilized societies these days.

Since WWII, few are willing to all-out destroy and devastate the enemy.  The fact that USA has never officially DECLARED a war since then speaks volumes itself.  It’s hard for them to admit it and thus, hard to let loose the dogs of war.

All these civilized nations are the ones who have taken it to extreme and will not punish those hpwho deserve it properly. There is so much hand-ringing about “surgical strikes” and “civilian targets”, that we have all hamstrung ourselves.

Better to bomb the hell out of them, sweep them aside, and end it, rather than doing these targeted strikes worrying about hitting “civilians” which may be spdestructive, but still are not much and prolong everything.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Since WWII, few are willing to all-out destroy and devastate the enemy. All these civilized nations are the ones who have taken it to extreme and will not punish those hpwho deserve it properly.

This Israeli/Palestinian conflict has been going on for 57 years; it is neither WW2 nor an existential threat to Israel. 

The problem for civilized nations is that those who deserve to be "properly punished" is an ever-moving target.  After Oct 7, the civilized world stood unified that Hamas deserved a major retaliatory ass kicking.   Then support peeled away because no one signed on to support civilian targets or ethnic cleansing.

It's pretty obvious, Palestinians are still not going gently into that good night. Could it be time for a Plan B?

Online Hoodat

This Israeli/Palestinian conflict has been going on for 57 years

The Israel/Anti-Israel conflict has been going on for centuries.  And the current version of that began in 1948, not 1967.  The '67 war was the third war, not the first.

it is neither WW2 nor an existential threat to Israel.

Anyone calling for the wholesale destruction of Israel and the elimination of Jews worldwide is an existential threat.  By definition.  It is the antithesis of 'truth' to claim otherwise.

After Oct 7, the civilized world stood unified that Hamas deserved a major retaliatory ass kicking.

Uh, no.  Many people like yourself kept silent, offering no condemnation of Hamas.  In fact, two months later you were condemning Israel for building up Hamas.

Then support peeled away because no one signed on to support civilian targets or ethnic cleansing.

The only ones here engaging in ethnic cleansing genocide here are Hamas and their allies.  Once again, your statement is the antithesis of 'truth'.  If Israel was targeting civilians or engaging in ethnic cleansing, then Rafah would already be a parking lot.  But then you knew that already.  Yet here you are posting lies.  Again.

It's pretty obvious, Palestinians are still not going gently into that good night. Could it be time for a Plan B?

Israel is still on Plan A.  But if it doesn't work, I'm open to a Plan B.  What do you suggest, @Right_in_Virginia ?  What would you do to eradicate the Hamas problem?  You have loads of criticism for Israel.  But not once have I heard a solution other than outright capitulation.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This Israeli/Palestinian conflict has been going on for 57 years; it is neither WW2 nor an existential threat to Israel. 

OK, that is where we differ.  To Israel, this is an existential threat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: