General Category > National/Breaking News

Biden closes in on BANNING menthol cigarettes despite furious opposition from civil rights groups cl

<< < (2/6) > >>

240B:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on April 04, 2024, 10:40:58 pm ---California has already done this, and I was sure the African Americans would be pissed.  Nope, still voting Rat.

--- End quote ---
They just get it from somewhere else. Might even be cheaper than buying in California.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: 240B on April 04, 2024, 11:26:51 pm ---They just get it from somewhere else. Might even be cheaper than buying in California.

--- End quote ---

Smokers in Maryland travel across the Potomac River into Virginia to buy cartons of cigarettes.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on April 05, 2024, 12:51:22 am ---Smokers in Maryland travel across the Potomac River into Virginia to buy cartons of cigarettes.

--- End quote ---

Virginia Commonwealth tax on cigarettes is 30ยข per pack.  In the Peoples Republic of Maryland, it is $2.00 per pack.

I seriously doubt Biden will place a ban on cigarettes.  They are the best thing the government has going for them.  Collect huge taxes throughout a person's lifetime until they die from smoking just before they become eligible for Social Security.

Government wants you to smoke.

GtHawk:
I'm surprised Meathead Reiner hasn't weighed in on this with his 'for the children' crapola, or maybe he's just as big a racist and A-hole and doesn't give a damn about Black children. Or only democrats in Californication are dumb enough to listen to him. Of course here in California where menthols were banned the Indian reservations just flipped the state the bird and filled the need while, oh yeah making money, I assume this will be the norm wherever menthols or any  other tobacco product is banned.

Weird Tolkienish Figure:
Gotta get dem Newports in...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version