Author Topic: House committee examines threats to U.S. food security from Chinese ownership of land, facilities  (Read 146 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House committee examines threats to U.S. food security from Chinese ownership of land, facilities

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem said that between 2010 and 2020, the Chinese Communist Party increased its holding of U.S. agricultural land by 5,300%. Today, it’s estimated the CCP holds 384,000 acres valued at $2 billion.

By Kevin Killough
Published: March 20, 2024 11:00pm

The House Agriculture Committee took a close look Wednesday at the influence of China on America’s food supply.

The committee also heard testimony concerning Chinese companies activities in the U.S., allegedly stealing intellectual property and purchasing supply chain assets that American farmers depend on to produce crops.

Addressing the problem runs into questions about how to separate legitimate foreign investments from espionage maneuvers, and how to differentiate between spies for the Chinese Communist Party and Chinese immigrants trying to escape the Chinese government’s oppression.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/regulation/house-committee-looks-threats-us-food-security-chinese-ownership-land
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:40:49 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It seems the Chinese have figured out what the climate hysteria in the US is all about:  ownership/control of the population.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson