Author Topic: Alabama AG Sounds Alarm About Dems’ Efforts To Enact ‘Green New Deal’ Via Lawfare  (Read 123 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alabama AG Sounds Alarm About Dems’ Efforts To Enact ‘Green New Deal’ Via Lawfare
by Harold Hutchison  Apr 3, 2024 

Republican Attorney General Steven Marshall of Alabama warned Tuesday that a lawsuit from Hawaii could bypass Congress and impose the “Green New Deal” on Americans. [emphasis, links added]

The Hawaii Supreme Court ruled in a unanimous Oct. 31 decision that a lawsuit by Honolulu against major oil companies could proceed, claiming the energy companies engaged in a “disinformation campaign.”

Marshall, who led over a dozen other states in filing a brief urging the United States Supreme Court to take up the case, noted that the case could increase costs for residents of his state.

“Twenty states have banded together to be able to file this brief with the Supreme Court. While it is directed to the Hawaii case, which procedurally is in the right posture for the Supreme Court to consider, the impact of this case is widespread,” Marshall told “America’s Newsroom” co-host Dana Perino.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/alabama-ag-sounds-alarm-about-dems-efforts-to-enact-green-new-deal-via-lawfare/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson