Author Topic: A GOP Landslide in November  (Read 7806 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: A GOP Landslide in November
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2024, 11:19:03 pm »
People might forget about the (infamous) Kelo vs Connecticut case where a city in that state was allowed to force many people out of their homes for private industry.  Trump sided with the city.
Eminent Domain is supposed to be for the public and not a private entity. Trump thought otherwise probably because he would like to do something like that himself to make money.

There is a difference between the idealized version that many of his supporters have versus the reality
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2024, 11:23:10 pm »
Trump's own website mentions limited deportations and allowing those to stay on merit.  Give me a break -- he's not going to have the mass deportations that he claims.  What Trump says and does are usually two different things.

@libertybele

Where are you seeing anything about limited deportations on his website? I did see something about the merit issue but I can’t find anything mentioning limited deportations.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just having trouble finding it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2024, 12:05:27 am »
@libertybele

Where are you seeing anything about limited deportations on his website? I did see something about the merit issue but I can’t find anything mentioning limited deportations.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just having trouble finding it.

@LMAO  It does not specifically say mass deportations as he has stated either, but it does mention President Trump will deputize the National Guard and local law enforcement to assist with rapidly removing illegal alien gang members and criminals. I'm interpreting it to be limited to gang member and criminals as it goes on to mention merit based. 

I found his website to be very vague.

At one of his rallies:

Trump reportedly plans to implement an even more extreme anti-immigration agenda in a potential second term, including mass deportations and sending undocumented people to detention camps.

If reelected, Trump told his supporters in Green Bay, “We’re going to end up with the largest deportation in America.”

So, is he going to deport or is he going to send people to detention camps?  How is he going to accomplish this objective???  Does he not foresee that there will be any roadblocks? 

I don't trust a whole lot of what he says.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mockery-floods-trump-botches-deport-173112158.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2024, 04:16:52 am »
Denied funding for the wall by Republicans, Trump moved onto creative funding and was able to build over 450 miles of the wall, to the specifications requested by ICE, including electronic surveillance and paved roads for quicker response time.

Fifteen miles of new wall in four years.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2024, 04:21:50 am »
Fifteen miles of new wall in four years.

Every little bit counts...  :silly: