Author Topic: Kristi Noem facing petition to remove her from office following dog-shooting story  (Read 603 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kristi Noem facing petition to remove her from office following dog-shooting story
By
Jenny Goldsberry
May 10, 2024 2:58 pm

A petition organized by the liberal group MoveOn to remove Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD) from office reached over 23,000 signatures Friday.

The petition came after an excerpt from No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward revealed that Noem killed her 14-month-old hunting dog Cricket because it was “less than worthless” at hunting, attacked a neighbor’s chickens, and attacked the governor.

“Animal abusers should not be in office!” the petition reads. “Tell Noem to step down as governor immediately! … This most recent stunt confirms what we already know—Noem isn’t fit to be in office. There is no excuse for what Noem did to Cricket. She may not think her tough-on-crime approach should apply to her own misconduct, but, together, we can hold her responsible.”

This follows People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals releasing its own Halloween costume of Noem called “Cricket’s Revenge.” With the costume, people can dress up as the governor with an attacking wirehaired pointer.

The Washington Examiner reached out to Noem’s office for comment.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2999899/noem-petition-remove-from-office/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

So how many of those 23,000 signatures came from people living in South Dakota?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

This entre story is so incredibly stupid that I haven't investigated the details, but didn't this happen before she was governor? If so, it's utterly irrelevant to her qualifications or fitness to complete her term.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline the OlLine Rebel

What a long-misnamed org.

Why don’t they just…move on.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

This entre story is so incredibly stupid that I haven't investigated the details, but didn't this happen before she was governor? If so, it's utterly irrelevant to her qualifications or fitness to complete her term.

Have they ever asked any of their beloved Moslems running for office (yikes - more and more here every year) how many heads they chopped, or how many wives they have?  How many honor killings?

Heck, they don’t care if Omar married her brother.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online mountaineer

Have they ever asked any of their beloved Moslems running for office (yikes - more and more here every year) how many heads they chopped, or how many wives they have?  How many honor killings?

Heck, they don’t care if Omar married her brother.
I don't even want to know what the Muslims running for or elected to office in the U.S. have done to dogs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So how many of those 23,000 signatures came from people living in South Dakota?

Most of the signees couldn't find SD on a map.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Not sure why she decided to write about the incident with the dog.

FACT IS we kill ONE + MILLION DOGS EVERY YEAR IN THIS NATION.  So what is the big deal?  Makes no sense.

I know quite a few dogs put down because they attacked other animals or their owner.  There is zero tolerance for dogs attacking other animals or people, except in the current White House, where Biden's untrained German Shepherds keep biting people.  That whole thing is more unacceptable than anything Noem has done.  Biden's dog should have been put down long ago.

Online rustynail

A dog gone shame.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

It was really bad judgement on her part to include this information in her book.  I understand why she did so, but obviously 23,000 people don't understand.  Is this enough to ruin her political career?  I saw her as a good, conservative governor, but this was a poor judgement call on her part.

She's not on my ballot, but I am concerned that we my lose a conservative governor over this issue in the long run.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.