Author Topic: Biden’s Signature Climate Law Has A Major Achilles’ Heel — And Dems Are Making It Worse  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Signature Climate Law Has A Major Achilles’ Heel — And Dems Are Making It Worse

NICK POPE
CONTRIBUTOR
March 29, 2024
1:04 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

President Joe Biden’s landmark climate bill is being held back by a lack of comprehensive permitting reform, the absence of which enables environmentalist lawsuits that impede green energy projects subsidized by the legislation.

The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) contained hundreds of billions of dollars to subsidize green energy projects nationwide, but the bill did not include significant reform to the permitting process that would expedite construction timelines and insulate developments from environmental legal challenges. Unless Congressional Democrats can negotiate a permitting reform package with Republicans in an election year, these problems will continue to dog the IRA’s implementation, energy policy experts and stakeholders told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

After solar and wind developments have been built, they need to be connected to the grid via transmission lines to feed power into the grid. Permitting reform would speed up the lengthy paperwork process for that transmission, as well as provide developers an additional layer of protection against environmental lawsuits that also disrupt the construction of green energy developments

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/29/biden-inflation-reduction-act-permitting-reform-achilles-heel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson